preparing for Career FRS

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

macca

Re: preparing for Career FRS

Post by macca »

plus you need H.R. licence and senior first aid before applying now.

obzelite, your information is incorrect. I have cut and pasted direct from the 2011 Firefighter Recruitment information pack what is required for your HR and S/First aid. The HR and SFA is required by the time you are selected for the recruite pool and not before you apply :wink:

http://www.fesa.wa.gov.au/internet/uplo ... e_2011.pdf

3. Possession of a current Senior First Aid Certificate (or equivalent where it can be proven that the qualification is at least the same level).

4. Possession of a current unrestricted Western Australian HR (Heavy Rigid) class driver’s licence (this must be acquired at the applicant’s expense prior to being offered a placement in the recruitment pool if not already held). Where an applicant possesses an HR licence from another state of Australia, the applicant may be required to provide evidence that this meets the same level of competency as the requirements in Western Australia.

Just remember anyone applying that you need to do a beep test before you do your profile testing and if you successfully pass the profile test, you'll have to do it again at the physical testing day as well. The Beep Test has the highest failure rate in the physical testing so if you cant make 9.6 then I would really seriously think about not applying because you only going to let yourself done when they fail you. Always better to be prepared than not prepared.

My Suggestion would be for anybody interested in becoming a Career Fire and Rescue Fire Fighter is to go to the site listed above and read the application first so that you don't misunderstand what is required
obzelite

Post by obzelite »

probably just semantics, but both those condition are listed under 3.1 essential pre-requisites , meaning you need them before applying. although point 4 does lead to ambiguity saying you need it before the recruitment pool.

i have no idea how long between applying, passing and being placed in the recruitment pool. but if was weeks then i doubt you would have enough time to get the required licence.
ace of spades

Post by ace of spades »

obzelite wrote:probably just semantics, but both those condition are listed under 3.1 essential pre-requisites , meaning you need them before applying. although point 4 does lead to ambiguity saying you need it before the recruitment pool.

i have no idea how long between applying, passing and being placed in the recruitment pool. but if was weeks then i doubt you would have enough time to get the required licence.
If you read the information pack it clearly states that a HR licence is required prior to being offered a place in the pool. So that means that you can apply without the licence but must get it ASAP
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

My undersytanding of the WA Drivers License system is that you must have a C class for a year before applying for a LR, then LR for a year before MR, then MR for a year before HR. Therefore if you currently only have a car (C) license it could be 2 years before you are eligable for a HR license.
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!
macca

Post by macca »

auntys_eyes wrote:My undersytanding of the WA Drivers License system is that you must have a C class for a year before applying for a LR, then LR for a year before MR, then MR for a year before HR. Therefore if you currently only have a car (C) license it could be 2 years before you are eligable for a HR license.

Back in days when I got my HR you had to of held you car license for 1 or 2 years but I think it was 1 year, then you could apply for your HR straight up.

Now you must have driven

* C (Car) class licence for at least two years; or
* LR (Light Rigid) class licence for at least one (1) year; or
* MR (Medium Rigid) class licence for at least one (1) year.

Hope this helps
nra555
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by nra555 »

I recently enquired about the HR licencing at the joondalup center.
I was told you can go for your HR licence aslong as you have held you C class licence for atleast 2years, including P plates, LR and MR i believe is 1 year.
PRC-555
NRA-555

nra.org.au - join today to make UHF CB a more enjoyable band to use!