SES Training

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

doogues71
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

SES Training

Post by doogues71 »

Wasn't sure what catagory to put this under.But can hear the SES Training on ch 32.Quite intresting.Not sure where they are though.Maybe some of the SES people on here might be able to shead some light :wink: if their allowed to.
Antt
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Antt »

hrm dont know why we would be using that channel, we have our own network, um our channel 4 is the police channel 34 but ive never heard of us using 32 before, did you hear what unit they where and what type of training they where doing i know there is a big anti terrorism excercise coming up., it could be cause of that... with the radio comms where they using the prefix "excercise only" at the begininig of each transmission, or at least sometimes???

if you give me more info i will find try and find out how who and why, this monday- my training night :P

Antt
doogues71
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by doogues71 »

they are using the word exercise base each time they talk.They are in Bayswater near the Tonkin Hwy bridge.
Antt
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Antt »

hrm i will see what i can find out, it could be linked to the anti terrorism thinkgy they have planned :) when did you hear them???
Nick
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Nick »

ses ch 1,2,3,4 are the same as police ch 31,32,33 , 34 Australia wide .The ses is not allowed to use ch 4/34 in West Aust as it is Police only.
westernwedgey
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by westernwedgey »

I think you'll find channel 32 is allocated to NOR SES, Yokine etc

At least that is from info given on WARSUG
doogues71
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by doogues71 »

Antt wrote:hrm i will see what i can find out, it could be linked to the anti terrorism thinkgy they have planned :) when did you hear them???
they've been on all morning and afternoon.I think they are just starting to pack up now.