Other incidents/minor fires etc - 2010/2011

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

WPXZBP

Other incidents/minor fires etc - 2010/2011

Post by WPXZBP »

Please put minor incidents for 2010/2011 in this thread.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Re: Other incidents/minor fires etc - 2010/2011

Post by written_ficton »

Looks like Car Vs Bus vs Pedestrian on Hay Street outside QV1 building. Hay Street closed...
I've closed the door!
Magnus
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Magnus »

gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

According to Seven News tonight - reported a fire deliberatley lit William Street HJ's upper eating area last night....

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
LighteningCrashes
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: Tait2020

Post by LighteningCrashes »

Daglish first turning out to vehicle fire Shenton Village Onslow St.

Wasn't this where a fire was last night?
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Malaga Pump and LT together with Bassendean 1st Pump and LT enroute to Cleanaway Rubbish Transfer station, cnr Tonkin Hwy and Collier Rd ?? - for Rubbish Fire - 6AR advises multiple calls hence reasoning for deploying Malaga. Updates to follow.

UPDATE 21:30 - Bassendean advises 4-4 Nothing sighted.

UPDATE 21:32 - Bassendean have proceeded to Clune Street in the same area and confirmed now 6-6 - Malaga Pump and LT also enroute to Clune Street.

UPDATE 21:37 - 30m x 20m x10 m height Tin shed- 2 men in BA Working with 2 hose reels from the Pumps - Fire contained.

UPDATE 21:44 - Bassendean requests SET as they may not have enough BA cylinders to complete the job - Fire is under-control

UPDATE 21:50 - Osborne Park SET turning out.

UPDATE 21:56 - Bassendean advises that an office building has collapsed - using rescue equipment to gain accesss. Bassendean advises will be at scene for "quite some time"

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
philby
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by philby »

Osbourne Park and Daglish 2nd at a 3 storey building with its roof missing .2 x SES and WAPOL in attendance. West coast Highway.
Building being evacutated with The Chaplin and Western Power enroute
robbage
Amateur callsign: VK6UFO_VK6RN
Scanners and Receivers:  
Scanners/receivers
Diamond Welz WS1000 wideband handheld
Radioshack Pro 28 handheld
Uniden UBC72XLT handheld
Uniden UBC73XLT handheld
Uniden UBC330CRS desktop

Two-way
Yaesu VX-3R 2m/70cm Ham TRX and wideband RX handheld
Yaesu FT-1802M 2m Ham TRX mobile x 2
Yaesu FT-7800R 2m/70cm Ham TRX and wide band RX mobile
Icom IC-208H 2m/70cm Ham TRX and wide band RX mobile
Icom IC-706MKIIG all-band all-mode Ham TRX mobile
Icom IC-V85 2m VHF Ham TRX handheld
Wouxun KG-UVD1P VHF/UHF wideband Ham TRX handheld
Wouxun KG-679P VHF wideband Ham TRX handheld
Wouxun KG-713 UHF wideband Ham TRX handheld

Post by robbage »

philby wrote:Osbourne Park and Daglish 2nd at a 3 storey building with its roof missing .2 x SES and WAPOL in attendance. West coast Highway.
Thanks! Looks like a different route to work this morning.
Rob
OF78WD
 Amateur moderator
Arguing with a fool proves there are two
philby
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by philby »

Rockingham 1st - Truck vs Car,
Rockingham 2nd moblie to incident, Fremantle 2nd MPHR stood down as not required. Success still moblie to job.
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Yesterday afternoon Denmark (3.4U, LT & RT) and Mount Barker (2.4U, LT & RT) VFRS were turned out to a single vehicle crash (1 fatality). Also present were Rocky Gully (?) BFS, Rocky Gully SJA, RM202, AL202 and RP101.

Edit: http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010 ... 951161.htm
robbage
Amateur callsign: VK6UFO_VK6RN
Scanners and Receivers:  
Scanners/receivers
Diamond Welz WS1000 wideband handheld
Radioshack Pro 28 handheld
Uniden UBC72XLT handheld
Uniden UBC73XLT handheld
Uniden UBC330CRS desktop

Two-way
Yaesu VX-3R 2m/70cm Ham TRX and wideband RX handheld
Yaesu FT-1802M 2m Ham TRX mobile x 2
Yaesu FT-7800R 2m/70cm Ham TRX and wide band RX mobile
Icom IC-208H 2m/70cm Ham TRX and wide band RX mobile
Icom IC-706MKIIG all-band all-mode Ham TRX mobile
Icom IC-V85 2m VHF Ham TRX handheld
Wouxun KG-UVD1P VHF/UHF wideband Ham TRX handheld
Wouxun KG-679P VHF wideband Ham TRX handheld
Wouxun KG-713 UHF wideband Ham TRX handheld

Post by robbage »

philby wrote:Osbourne Park and Daglish 2nd at a 3 storey building with its roof missing .2 x SES and WAPOL in attendance. West coast Highway.
Building being evacutated with The Chaplin and Western Power enroute
Looks like it is a block of units or similar. The roof appeared to have folded back over itself. WCH was blocked from Brighton Rd to Ventnor Ave.
Rob
OF78WD
 Amateur moderator
Arguing with a fool proves there are two
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Belmont Pump and LT - at scene of Structure Fire - Code 6-6 waiting on further details as to extent of fire, apparantly in roof cavity - Surrey Rd, Rivervale.

Kensington Pump and LT enroute 21:08

1st Alarm Property Fire - Out on Arrival - Kensington no longer required - Belmont investigating cause possibly faulty wiring. 21:20
G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

3 Incidents early this afternoon;

1) Butler Pump and LT called to Structure Fire - upon arriveal 13:00ish called 6-6 not structure - 4 cars in yard "Going Well" - Daglish 1st arrived to backup. Malaga 2.4 stood down - 2nd Alarm - didn't catch suburb etc.
UPDATE 13:34 - Butler advising fire under-control, in process of dampening down - Daglish 1st in process of making up and about to return to station. Daglish is heading back to man Joondalup Fire Station.13:36
UPDATE 13:54 - Butler advising fire is out - Nerrabup Recycling Yard - 2nd Alarm Rubbish. Caused by Oxy Torch. Butler made up and returning - No Dollar Damage as scrap yard materials.

2) Mandogalup LT1 and LT2 - called up 6AR advising they were proceeding to a location in Mandogalup for a report of Car on Fire - no further details - 13:15ish
UPDATE 13:34 - Mandogalup advises vehicle found in Sandy Lake self-extinguished.

3) Confirmed structure fire in Rivervale - Welshpool 1st called 6-6 2nd Alarm - Kensington has also arrived and making contact 13:25
UPDATE 13:28 - Welshpool 1st asking for another appliance normal road - 2 Men in BA. DM Perth enroute 13:36
UPDATE 13:39 - 12x39 building in size - fire is contained, but heavily smoke logged. WAPOL at scene.
UPDATE 13:41 - 6AR standing down Perth#3 - Osborne Park SET enroute normal road.
UPDATE 13:45 - Osborne Park SET arrived making contact with Welshpool 1st - DM Perth also Arrived.
UPDATE 13:54 - DM Perth returning to Perth station.
UPDATE 14:49 - Osborne Park SET released from Incident - have supplied 6 x BA Cylinders and Thermal Imaging Camera - made up and returning to station.
UPDATE 14:53 - Kensington Pump and LT - released and returning to station.
UPDATE 14:55 - Welshpool 1st reports fire is "blackend out" - departing scene - leaving it in the hands of WAPOL - Arson Squad have arrived.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Kensington Pump and LT heading out to another job just missed location - 6AR advises FULL BA Must be worn prior to entering premesis after hours. - More to follow... 14:58

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

duck driver

Post by duck driver »

Hey wats the story for the hills atm?