Other incidents/minor fires etc - 2010/2011

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

auntys_eyes

Re: Other incidents/minor fires etc - 2010/2011

Post by auntys_eyes »

gkoutlis wrote:There appears to have been a major incident/fire at CBH's Metro Grain Centre between Abernethy Road & Dundas Road.

Can anyone shed some light into this one?
I drove past there at about 1500 yesterday. Lot's of CBH staff standing around wearing tabards such as "traffic control", "warden" and "emergency service liaison". Saw a couple of FRS crews parked inside but not active. Lot's of civilian vehicles queued up in the car park. Didn't look like much was happeneing so i just assumed it was an evac exercise or drill. Belmont ICV passed me 'normal road' on Abernethy Rd about 5 min later heading in that direction.
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

auntys_eyes wrote:
gkoutlis wrote:There appears to have been a major incident/fire at CBH's Metro Grain Centre between Abernethy Road & Dundas Road.

Can anyone shed some light into this one?
I drove past there at about 1500 yesterday. Lot's of CBH staff standing around wearing tabards such as "traffic control", "warden" and "emergency service liaison". Saw a couple of FRS crews parked inside but not active. Lot's of civilian vehicles queued up in the car park. Didn't look like much was happeneing so i just assumed it was an evac exercise or drill. Belmont ICV passed me 'normal road' on Abernethy Rd about 5 min later heading in that direction.
Thanks AE - this morning DM's were there, Welshpool crews (1st and 2nd) FLO, and a "Hazmat Officer"...

Welshpool 2nd now heading back to CBH to relieve crew - 15:06 - so it's appears to be a serious Hazmat job of some sort.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

2ND ALARM FIRE - Australia Post Parcel Sorting Area - Pilbra St - Welshpool

- Welshpool 2nd Pump
- Belmont Pump & LT

6 Crews in BA?
I've closed the door!
best job

Post by best job »

It would be 6 firefighters in BA, not 6 crews. 6 crews would mean stage 2 BA, the SET, ICV etc- a very big job.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

WF, the 2nd Alarm DBA happened around lunch time at Australia Post in Kewdale.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
hold3n
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by hold3n »

i heard arm 1st from my school go some where 2 oclock any one know what happend
I AM IN NO WAY AFFILIATED WITH DFES OR BFB
Closing the door for a while.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

best job wrote:It would be 6 firefighters in BA, not 6 crews. 6 crews would mean stage 2 BA, the SET, ICV etc- a very big job.
Yeah sorry, my mistake!

At least we now have an excuse of instead of "Got lost in the mail" we can say "Got burnt in the mail?"
I've closed the door!
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Looks like Hazmat issues continuing at CBH in Kewdale.

DM Beelier and another were there this morning, along with SET, HAZMAT, FLO & both Welshpool units still at scene.

Every hour, you hear on 6AR Welshpool crews giving the status of CO2 readings, O2 readings and chemical temperature??

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Murdoch Pump and LT & Canning Vale Pump & LT responding to Jandakot Airport - Aircraft in Abnormal Landing - 12:05

Canning Vale 2.4, SJA & WAPOL now enroute.

UPDATE: Aircraft has landed - all other units standing down. Canning Vale arrived making contact. 12:10

FINAL SUMMARY: Canning Vale reports that Aircraft landed safely - No fire, apart from smoke from engine/oil etc - Departing scene - leaving it to WAPOL & Jandakot Airport Management.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Joondalup Pump & LT along with Ellenbrook Pump and LT at scene of a 2ND ALARM RESCUE

TIME: 20:13

Rescue 65 enroute - 20:35 - ETA to scene 20:47 (Channel 96 for Comms).

Summary: Single vehicle MVA - 4 occupants - one of which is trapped.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Pretty large incident in Hope Valley early this morning posting here as unknown Alarm Classification.

Hope Valley were the IC
Kwinana South 4.4 and LT
South Coogee
Kwinana VFRS

and a few more.

Not sure on location etc - but it was in Hope Valley and spot weather forcasts given to HV for this morning, no releif crews required.

Furthermore to the CBH in Kewdale - yet again further DM's headed there and Welshpool crews - monitoring "levels" of a "Cell??"

G

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

Moses

Post by Moses »

Fire in Hope Valley this morning was at the Biowise Mulch plant just of Ankatell Rd.

$1000 worth of damage.

Canning Vale and South Coogee dropped water on the mulch as it was spread out by the owners loaders.

Other things of note. It was cold and stinky.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Moses wrote:Fire in Hope Valley this morning was at the Biowise Mulch plant just of Ankatell Rd.

$1000 worth of damage.

Canning Vale and South Coogee dropped water on the mulch as it was spread out by the owners loaders.

Other things of note. It was cold and stinky.
Thanks Moses :)

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

BuddahFRS
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by BuddahFRS »

gkoutlis wrote:Looks like Hazmat issues continuing at CBH in Kewdale.

DM Beelier and another were there this morning, along with SET, HAZMAT, FLO & both Welshpool units still at scene.

Every hour, you hear on 6AR Welshpool crews giving the status of CO2 readings, O2 readings and chemical temperature??

G
i am not 100% sure what is happening at CBH but have seen many FRS and DM's there when i drive past to work. (i work pretty much next door at sct) i have heard on the scanna something about the canola silo or feed system, and that there was a problem there. but i am not 100% sure as i was half asleep.
----BUDDAH VFRS----
HL 101

Post by HL 101 »

Structure Fire
Murdoch Train Sation

0248: Murdoch MP LT & SET turning out

0248: Canningvale HP LT turning out also

0249: Murdoch arrived 44

249: 6AR report that PTA shift commander has made contact with them and reports that there no fire it was a vehicle doing a large burn coursing the smoke

0250: Murdoch SET & Canningvale pump & LT returning to station

0255: Murdoch report that it was from a car doing a large burn out and returning to station