Other incidents/minor fires etc - 2010/2011

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

gkoutlis

Re: Other incidents/minor fires etc - 2010/2011

Post by gkoutlis »

duck driver wrote:Hey wats the story for the hills atm?
I don't have a scanner with me, but according to the DEC it could be a burn off - http://www.dec.wa.gov.au/component/opti ... n/id,2494/

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

10:00 - Fremantle 2nd Pump and LT - enroute to Chemical Spill - North Mole, Patrick Terminal - UN#1866 - Fremantle 2nd requesting Wind Speed/Direction etc - needs SET mobilised and another backup crew as well.

10:03 - Claremont Pump and LT - turning out to backup Fremantle 2nd.

UPDATE 10:05 - FLO enroute.

FYI - Chemical UN#1866 is according to Wikipedia - Class 3 - Resin solution, flammable

UPDATE 10:06 - Murdoch SET enroute.

UPDATE 10:12 - Fremantle 2nd arrived.

UPDATE 10:15 - Claremont Pump and LT arrived and making contact with Fremantle 2nd. FLO arrived making contact.

MSDS Info on this chemical (Material Safety Data Sheet) - http://www.peerlessindustrialsystems.co ... 75_MSD.pdf

UPDATE 10:27 - Murdoch SET arrived and making contact.

UPDATE 10:48 - Fremantle 1st Pump and LT - turning out to backup Fremantle 2nd/Claremont

UPDATE 10:50 - Fremantle 1st Pump and LT asked to stand-down and return to Rockingham Fire Station.

UPDATE 11:02 - Fremantle 2nd providing update - 2 men in BA - company will move container so they can try open it to see how bad the spill is.

UPDATE 11:20 - Container has now been isolated - Fremantle 2nd advising they are now going to force entry to container to see how bad leak is.

UPDATE 11:52 - Didn't catch the outcome, but Claremont and Murdoch SET - made up and returning to station.

UPDATE 11:54 - One hose reel, 2 men in BA - It was a 2nd Alarm Hazmat - (by the sounds of things its contained and cleared) - Fremantle 2nd returning to station.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

G, you have the scanner on [just switched mine on] Do you know where Perth or Daglish has turned out to?
I've closed the door!
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Did I hear right that Perth 3rd have just completed Driver training and available radio?
I've closed the door!
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

written_ficton wrote:Did I hear right that Perth 3rd have just completed Driver training and available radio?
Yes you did hear correctly :)

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

gkoutlis wrote:
written_ficton wrote:Did I hear right that Perth 3rd have just completed Driver training and available radio?
Yes you did hear correctly :)

G
That is the first time I've heard that, lights & sirens for driver training...
I've closed the door!
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Fremantle off at a 2nd Alarm scrub - didnt catch location - Hope Valley and Rockie Vollies 2.4 being turned out... Fire going well..

Rockingham 2nd HSR enroute to incident.

12:39 - Hope Valley arrived making contact

12:47 - Rockingham 2nd arrived making contact.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

SmashedXR6T

Post by SmashedXR6T »

Does anyone know where and ehat inicident Midland, East & West Swan are at???

Just heard a member of East Swan been taken away by ambulance
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Mount Barker VFRS are at a structure fire in Mount Barker. Albany career FRS are backing up.
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

WPXZBP wrote:Mount Barker VFRS are at a structure fire in Mount Barker. Albany career FRS are backing up.
How long does it take Albany FRS to get to Mount Barker under firecall??
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Hazard a guess, 30 mins. It's about 50km from there.
muzza333
Scanners and Receivers: uniden

Post by muzza333 »

bells rapids is where the firefighter was injured today
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Canningvale at a 2nd Alarm Aircraft? Hangar Fire - Assuming Jandakot.

Murdoch Pump and LT have arrived - 19:28
Success Pump and LT arrived - 19:28
Jandakot #2 enroute (not sure who that is)

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

gkoutlis wrote:Canningvale at a 2nd Alarm Aircraft? Hangar Fire - Assuming Jandakot.

Murdoch Pump and LT have arrived - 19:28
Success Pump and LT arrived - 19:28
Jandakot #2 enroute (not sure who that is)

Multi-Hangars on Fire - Unknown number - Canningvale UPGRADE to 4th ALARM!! 19:31

Jandakot 7.2 deploying.

G
MOVED TO - http://warsug.info/viewtopic.php?f=34&t ... 651#p84651 - As now a 4th ALARM
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Rescue 65 called up 6AR - airborne to Ledge Point for a Quad Bike accident in the sand dunes.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member