Other incidents/minor fires etc - 2010/2011

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

gkoutlis

Re: Other incidents/minor fires etc - 2010/2011

Post by gkoutlis »

I don't think I am hearing things, but 6AR (calling up as 6IP) is asking for a control point - and advised that Helitacs were mobilised to the incident. No idea where it is - but 6IP doing quite a few calls.

0947 - Same caller asking 6IP - relocating to Chidlow Fire Station - Incident Escalating - Fire Spreading rapidly, need WAPOL urgently for road closures, requesting full Incident Control crew. It's a Thirds Alarm - possibly Bush/Scrub???

0949 - I've managed to find control name called as - "Lilydale Control" - it appears to be an excercise. Using channel 34 for comms. Looks like its in Chidlow - Lilydale Rd - control point is at Chidlow Oval.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

As there are currently no Helitaks active or operational in WA, i would expect this to have been an exercise.
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

auntys_eyes wrote:As there are currently no Helitaks active or operational in WA, i would expect this to have been an exercise.
That's what I thought AE :)

G 8)
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
kylep
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by kylep »

Info I received was - Exercise - 2x 3A Bush Fires in Chidlow. Both growing, properties under threat, Helitacs activated.

Good to hear this sort of thing going ahead.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

kylep wrote:Info I received was - Exercise - 2x 3A Bush Fires in Chidlow. Both growing, properties under threat, Helitacs activated.

Good to hear this sort of thing going ahead.
Thanks Kyle for that - it sure was interesting to hear.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

hahahaha I was having a chat to guy from a norther suburb station and I think the whole station there thought it was genuine, they only heard air intel though which I don't think goes over east. Hehe classic.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
pacestick
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: Pro handheld scanner
Bearcat scanner
Wuoxun

Post by pacestick »

Its a good training thing my dad was in the SES a few years back (20 or so) and they used to do training like that all the time :)
Volunteer BFS.
VK6FIRE
Helitak_670
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Helitak_670 »

The 4 Helitac's are still here in WA. 2 have tanks on them and have had their winter maintenance visit. As for 3rd alarm, one would/could have walked outside and seen the lack of a plume of smoke. Also incidents like this are straight onto the FESA website under incidents, so something else to further cross check your info. Interesting to see about the exercise that's for sure.
Bigfella78

Post by Bigfella78 »

duck driver wrote:Hey wats the story for the hills atm?
There still there.. don't think anyones moved them :lol:
A52

"Just because your paranoid doesn't mean their not following you"
Amb510

Post by Amb510 »

MVA Single vehicle with entrapment x1 Mitchell Freeway somewere 2nd Alarm Rescue Wangara/Joondalup-Sja-Police in attendance
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Amb510 wrote:MVA Single vehicle with entrapment x1 Mitchell Freeway somewere 2nd Alarm Rescue Wangara/Joondalup-Sja-Police in attendance
Amb510 - Last I heard from 6AR was Woodvale?

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

yorky

Post by yorky »

It was Woodvale side of the freeway they said on Ocean Reef Rd.
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

McDonalds in Ellenbrook have an airconditioning fire.

Ellenbrook arrived 18:43 - code 6-6

18:46 - Ellenbrook called in 1st Alarm only no back up required - Wangara standing down.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

House Fire earlier on this afternoon.

In Osborne Park - http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/br ... orne-park/

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

muzza333
Scanners and Receivers: uniden

Post by muzza333 »

does anybody know what happened at the animal exercise beach at hillarys this morning. I heard osborne park set and duncraig at scene but nothing more was said