struchure fire in bullsbrook

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

nightowl

struchure fire in bullsbrook

Post by nightowl »

several units heading to struchurefire in bullsbrook.they haven't said what's on fire but there's lots of units attending.bullsbrook 72 heading there midland in attendance fire ground on channel 42.
on here between 11:00pm-6:30am weekdays
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

This probably isn't related but on the way home yesterday around 11:30am I saw a City of Swan fast attack unit heading east on Ocean Reef Road towards Wanneroo Road with lights and sirens going ... have no idea where he was off to - perhaps he was lost :-)
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
nightowl

Post by nightowl »

think there was a TA near wanneroo raceway because I was standing near the emergency tent at the V8 racing and all of a sudden the firies rushed past full suited and 2 police officers with motorbike helmets on.So wouldn't be surprised if it was a TA nearby.Also saw the fire helicopters parked there as well. I thought they would have been packed away until later this year.
on here between 11:00pm-6:30am weekdays
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

nightowl wrote:think there was a TA near wanneroo raceway because I was standing near the emergency tent at the V8 racing and all of a sudden the firies rushed past full suited and 2 police officers with motorbike helmets on.So wouldn't be surprised if it was a TA nearby.Also saw the fire helicopters parked there as well. I thought they would have been packed away until later this year.
On the Sunday there were 2 large fires in the Wanneroo area - one 3rd alarm and a 2nd alarm. As for the helicopters, they did not have their water tanks fitted - outside of fire season, they are used for all sorts of things including charters (which is why they would have been at raceway). The helicopters are privately owned.