BFS/FRS Volunteer ID cards

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

bjg3101

BFS/FRS Volunteer ID cards

Post by bjg3101 »

Just wanted to know opinions on whether or not anyone thinks that BFS And FRS volunteers should receive ID cards. I know it would be hard to get all members and probably isn't possible as there are alot of them however iit could come in handy when having to enter property and also just as general identification I guess.

Just wanted to know people's thoughts. Thanks
Magnus
150+ posts
150+ posts

Re: BFS/FRS Volunteer ID cards

Post by Magnus »

bjg3101 wrote:Just wanted to know opinions on whether or not anyone thinks that BFS And FRS volunteers should receive ID cards. I know it would be hard to get all members and probably isn't possible as there are alot of them however iit could come in handy when having to enter property and also just as general identification I guess.

See the following circular (need extranet access)

Edit - Link removed, no point posting a link to a secure website on a public forum that no one else can read - AO11912
BFSM16

Post by BFSM16 »

Magnus wrote:

Edit - Link removed, no point posting a link to a secure website on a public forum that no one else can read - AO11912

sorry it didnt work...would you be able to tell me the general idea of it? if not it's OK.

Thankyou very much
bjg3101

Post by bjg3101 »

Magnus wrote:
bjg3101 wrote:Just wanted to know opinions on whether or not anyone thinks that BFS And FRS volunteers should receive ID cards. I know it would be hard to get all members and probably isn't possible as there are alot of them however iit could come in handy when having to enter property and also just as general identification I guess.

Yeah sorry the link doesn't open up. Would you be able to discuss abit about what it contains or is it restricted?
Magnus
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Magnus »

I'm always catious about posting anything on a public board that is located on a secure server
but I can't see there's anything operationally sensitive.

This is an extract from the memo

[Extracts have been removed as this information is not for public distribution - G]
rich

Post by rich »

we've had id cards in east gidge for a few years now they really help getting through rd blocks if your on the way to the station or control point (if you dont already have your ppe on ).
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

Our VBFB have been looking at making and issueing our members with an ID card. A brigade member had made some examples but i think the project has stalled. We were thinking they may help the same way rich mentions above.
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!
rich

Post by rich »

ours came through from the shire of swan,they were the ones who did ours maybe contact your local shires for them as they do have fesa on them so i imagine they are for everyone.
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

FESA doesn't do ID cards for Bush Fire Brigades as they are owned/operated by Local Govt.

Up to your Local Govt to supply them, if they deem them necessary.
xr8edute

Post by xr8edute »

We were issued with ours a couple of weeks ago. We are a vfrs brigade.
Proud Member of Wagin VFRS & Wagin Town BFS
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

We've had ours for nearly a year now.
bjg3101

Post by bjg3101 »

Oh, I had no idea that they had already started handing them out. sorry, I guess i should have looked a bit more into it.

Thanks everyone for your help :)
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

FESA reps were at Darlington VBFB this morning taking pics and filing the paperwork for both ID cards and Police Clearances. I believe that the rest of the Shire of Mundaring brigades will be following over the coming weeks.
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!
rich

Post by rich »

were having our photos and checks done at the end of this month
Schis

Post by Schis »

We currently have City of Albany/FESA cards. Basic laminated card with our photo/name/signature on it and signed also by the CBFCO for the City. Helps alot getting through roadblocks for shift change etc.