Perth No5??

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

auntys_eyes

Perth No5??

Post by auntys_eyes »

I just heard "Perth Number 5" departing the Jacob's Ladder incident to return to Perth Station. Was verified by 6AR's response of "Roger Perth Number 5". I have never heard of a Perth No5 (or a Perth No4 for that matter!!). Any idea what this vehicle is??
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!
gkoutlis

Re: Perth No5??

Post by gkoutlis »

auntys_eyes wrote:I just heard "Perth Number 5" departing the Jacob's Ladder incident to return to Perth Station. Was verified by 6AR's response of "Roger Perth Number 5". I have never heard of a Perth No5 (or a Perth No4 for that matter!!). Any idea what this vehicle is??

Right here my friend :) - http://warsug.info/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1585&start=375

Check last page.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Are these the LT's or Personal Bus... Surely its not a pump!
I've closed the door!
observer
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by observer »

Surely was a pump. Good thing there are still a few old heavy pumps lying around.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Did they draft extra people for Perth Station to handle these extra pumps?
I've closed the door!
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

written_ficton wrote:Did they draft extra people for Perth Station to handle these extra pumps?
As per my link above, someone mentioned they were from the Relief Pool.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
philby
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by philby »

A big =D> to Guildford, Armadale 2nd and Rocky 2nd for their work last night out of Perth Station.
A very encouraging sign for Vollies.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Did Basso go aswell? Many call outs?
I've closed the door!
philby
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by philby »

:cry: No action for Basso 2nd. We where told to be on standby on station. we did 1830 until 0300 before being stood down.
The engine bay floor was not comfy! I think they forgot about us.
singkenten
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by singkenten »

surely this conflicts with the career FF eba. It is essentially replacing Paid FF's role with volunteers. For such a long term relief, career FF's should have been recalled and paid the appropriate rate... a very dangerous precedent has been set by FESA!
johnny99

Post by johnny99 »

I dont think it was replacing career guys with volunteers. It was in addition to the career guys. If the volunteers were brought in to cover a strike or something then yes, your asking for trouble. I don't see it as being any different to a large scale bushfire where volunteers and career guys work side by side. By the sound of it with Perth 4 and 5 being operational and the USAR team being operational then there were already quite a few firies recalled to work. Good utilisation of the volunteers.
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

singkenten wrote:surely this conflicts with the career FF eba.
Surely instead it's a case of "We have these people here who we can use ... so let's use 'em!"

Well done to FESA for utilising whatever resources they have available instead of thinking inside the box...
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

That's enough of the childish banter.

In future, keep it on topic. This topic is now locked.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member