I spy with my little eye.......

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Re: I spy with my little eye.......

Post by Tyranus »

Mate, I'm afraid that sentence makes no sense at all what so ever!
I think you're confusing yourself think through my above explanation for a bit, or rephrase your question with some proper spelling and grammar.

Thanks,
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
observer
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by observer »

Tyranus wrote:As has been mentioned all the current Heavy Pumps are all new
Not all of the old heavy pumps have gone. There are still old pumps at Fremantle, Daglish, Duncraig and Perth. It shouldn't be too long (hopefully) before all of these are gone.
ace of spades

Post by ace of spades »

Perth and Daglish definitely have new ones. Duncraig and freo have new ones but are training on them so they still use the old ones. If the new pumps need to go back to the workshops then they get there old ones back but as I stated earlier they are all replaced
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

ace of spades wrote:Perth and Daglish definitely have new ones. Duncraig and freo have new ones but are training on them so they still use the old ones. If the new pumps need to go back to the workshops then they get there old ones back but as I stated earlier they are all replaced
I am going to stand with "ace of spades" with this one. Whilst working in the city I always throught that Perth has got a new HP after speaking with the station officer weeks back whilst grabbing lunch.

Daglish, I've attended a couple of incidents with them, or in the vicinity when they have responded though I'm pretty sure that they have the new HP? I know they have the old series pump as their 1st? Or have they changed it recently?
I've closed the door!
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Belmont looks brand spankers too..

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
kylep
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by kylep »

Last time I was at workshops I was told that they were no longer building Heavy/Mediums, they were all getting I think a 3600lpm pump which is equivalent to the old HPs. There was something about an updated AFAC standard that classified these as Urban Pumps. Haven't heard anything further on this since my visit which I think was January.
ace of spades

Post by ace of spades »

the old heavy pumps were replaced with new heavy pumps as FESA had already signed a contract for them. The new pumps that will come out to replace the mediums and eventually all pumps in the future will be Urban pumps as you say. The first one of the urban pumps will be out soon and there is not much difference to the new heavy pumps only max output.