Other incidents/minor fires etc - 2009/2010

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

gkoutlis

Re: Other incidents/minor fires etc - 2009/2010

Post by gkoutlis »

Canning Vale and Maddington Pump and Lt - 6-6 Structure Fire (Housing construction site) - 2 Men in BA.

Didn't catch the street, but suburb is Canning Vale.

20:55 - Fire Extinguished, WAPOL at scene.

21:03 - Canning Vale final report - 2nd Alarm - 4 Men in BA - $100,000 damage to platforms (Scaffolding??) and $5,000 to structure(building).

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
kylep
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by kylep »

Bullsbrook have a 2nd alarm Scrub Fire going somewhere near 'The Maze' I'm told.
Helitak_670
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Helitak_670 »

There have been some pretty serious 2nd alarm/ sus fires in the past 2 days. Whats going on have our little friends woken up and decided to come out for a play?
HL 101

Post by HL 101 »

Bassendean just Called in a 2nd alarm any one got any more infomation on this ?
richard omeara

Post by richard omeara »

HL 101 wrote:Bassendean just Called in a 2nd alarm any one got any more infomation on this ?
Shot gun and ammo found on scene.
HL 101

Post by HL 101 »

It now a crime scene from the Station officer From Bassendean & the adress in freeland court Eden-hill
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

I get back to the office in the city this afternoon to find people fussing around because there's a strong smell of smoke in the building but no obvious signs of where it's coming from.

Activate the fire alarm and go through the full evacuation procedure (always fun ....)

Fireys best guess is that someone has dropped a cigarette butt into a drain somewhere near our building and it's set fire to some paper and the smoke has been sucked into the air conditioning vents.

Everyone has been sent home for the afternoon, as the smoke smell is affecting people's eyes and throats (or that's what they reckon anyway :P )
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Zebedee wrote:I get back to the office in the city this afternoon to find people fussing around because there's a strong smell of smoke in the building but no obvious signs of where it's coming from.

Activate the fire alarm and go through the full evacuation procedure (always fun ....)

Fireys best guess is that someone has dropped a cigarette butt into a drain somewhere near our building and it's set fire to some paper and the smoke has been sucked into the air conditioning vents.

Everyone has been sent home for the afternoon, as the smoke smell is affecting people's eyes and throats (or that's what they reckon anyway :P )
Is that the QV1 Building?

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

gkoutlis wrote:Is that the QV1 Building?

G
Nah I'm over in Wellington Street, near the old Entertainment Centre...
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

10:40 - Just notice Perth 1st (i think) from my office - Firecall Conditions up St.Georges Tce - then 2 mins later - Perth LT - also on Fire Call - unsure what incident they are heading to.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Just noted what I assume is Perth 3rd with a LT - at a DBA, William St and St.Georges Tce, is it standard turnout to have a LT now?

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

i stand corrected. Welshpool 1st Pump and Lt at both jobs. G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

Geoff

Post by Geoff »

gkoutlis wrote:10:40 - Just notice Perth 1st (i think) from my office - Firecall Conditions up St.Georges Tce - then 2 mins later - Perth LT - also on Fire Call - unsure what incident they are heading to.

G
Here it is, just made the news now:

Osborne Park restaurant gutted
"...happened about 10am and was the second fire in a week at the Main Street eatery."
Last edited by Geoff on Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Thanks Geoff, would explain why Welshpool 1st Pump and LT went out to DBA's in the City.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

richard omeara

Post by richard omeara »

happened about 10am and was the second fire in a week at the Main Street eatery
[/quote]

Little Lebinon restaurant is just up the road from me.That place had a fire last year also.