Other incidents/minor fires etc - 2009/2010

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

gkoutlis

Re: Other incidents/minor fires etc - 2009/2010

Post by gkoutlis »

Last night 2nd Alarm Structure Fire in Osborne Park.

Units: Osborne Park Pump and Lt - first on the scene called in to 6AR made it 2nd Alarm

6AR - Mobilised Daglish 1st and 2nd Pumps and LT's

Incident time: Approx 22:30

Notes: Osborne Park advised 6AR it was fully involved and going well - at approx 23:10 - Osborne Park advises Fire Contained - unsure of further details.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
BFB LT1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by BFB LT1 »

2nd alarm scrub fire in mundijong. King rd x mundijong
brigades turning out
mundijong
oakford 9.2 and light tankers
jarradale
serpentine
serpintine chief and deputy chief
Crippled
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Murdoch Pump and LT enroute to South Street, Murdoch for scrub fire.

Fremantle 1st enroute

Belmont ICV enroute.

Helitac 668? Enroute also - ETA 1510.

UPDATE: 15:01 Fremantle 2nd Pump and LT enroute

UPDATE: 15:04 Helitac 670 enroute

UPDATE: 15:08 DM Beeliar enroute

UPDATE: 15:11 - Control Point: South Street cross of Murdoch Drive

UPDATE: 15:16 - DM Beeliar, Channel 96 - Belmont ICV not required, Fire Under Control. Road Closure Murdoch Drive, between South Street and Farrington. South Street closed East of Murdoch Drive.

UPDATE: 16:00 - DM Beeliar - FRS is continuing to blackening out the area - will be at least another 2 hours. Also reports a telephone pit?? has collapsed?? Requiring Telstra to attend.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
Moses

Post by Moses »

Is this out?

Just saw a call for this 3rd alarm, and to go firecall conditions.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Moses wrote:Is this out?

Just saw a call for this 3rd alarm, and to go firecall conditions.
Have been listening for the past few hours now, Fremantle 1st was stood down. And I heard South Coogee (unsure which appliances) - turning out then saying they arrived...

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

Magnus
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Magnus »

Saw Osborne Park HR? & LT with light & sirens at 06:40 this morning firecall heading down Selby Street towards John Sanders Drive in Osborne Park.
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Magnus wrote:Saw Osborne Park HR? & LT with light & sirens at 06:40 this morning firecall heading down Selby Street towards John Sanders Drive in Osborne Park.
Osborne Park has a Medium Pump.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
SmashedXR6T

Post by SmashedXR6T »

Has anyone got any details about the fire in Herne Hill/Brigadoon???
melg

Post by melg »

Fire on Campersic Rd, Red Hill/Herne Hill looks out now.

Came across it this morning on the way out and pulled over for a while to watch Helitaks, water bombers turned out a while later. Fire was directly behind a large business property called Delta Corp. they do precast concrete, I couldn't tell if fire started on this land or the hill behind it?? Was extremely windy was a bit nervous parking so close to the helitaks who were filling up only 80metres away and watching them fly into the wind.... I can't believe I didn't have my camera! Channel 7 were there so I will have to watch news

Just spoke with my bro (Malaga FS) he said that there was also fire at Bells Rapids, Brigadoon. Was started by rail workers, Malaga Medium went there first then onto Red Hill Fire. A helitak also went there but rail workers had it under control (they were prepared with there own water tankers etc). I live only up the road, it was so windy I didn't even hear the helitak! only saw it when driving down the hill and it went right over me.
Schism_
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Schism_ »

Major Fire in Albany,

Between Princess Ave and Little Grove

2 Water bombers and a Type 1 Helicopter + 60 Firefighters From the DEC and Local Shire Authorities Out.

https://internet.fesa.wa.gov.au/alerts/ ... ItemId=811
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Mount Barker VFRS moved up to stand by at Albany Fire Station to cover the Career & Vollies at the fire.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

At the Armadale Rubbish Tip Fire with VFAS - a lot of the fire is well underneath the tip.

Started 05:30 - noticed the following;

Water Corp Fire Co-ord
Perth 2nd (pics to follow tomorrow)
Perth LT
Belmont ICV
Malaga
Fremantle 1st Pump and LT
Welshpool 1st Pump and LT

Fire is still going - Hazmat to arrive shortly

Water Corp Tankers

Another 3 stations requested to turn out...

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

Smokey

Post by Smokey »

fire has been going there since 1300 friday, originally classified as 4th alarm hazmat.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Smokey wrote:fire has been going there since 1300 friday, originally classified as 4th alarm hazmat.
Correct :)

Helitac 611 - Arrived and was doing an aerial survey of the tip for about 45minutes or so.

Crews entering the Fire Ground entered with BA Equipment, even the Water Corp guys, wearing Level 2?? ( I think that's what he called) Fire Clothes and those dual mask with filters...

Had a great Salvation Army crew there too - provided us a great morning breakky...

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

SmashedXR6T

Post by SmashedXR6T »

WPXZBP wrote:Mount Barker VFRS moved up to stand by at Albany Fire Station to cover the Career & Vollies at the fire.
how did you guys go enjoying the comforts at the Albany Fire Station??? How many jobs did you get to pinch from the careers?