Other incidents/minor fires etc - 2009/2010

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

gkoutlis

Re: Other incidents/minor fires etc - 2009/2010

Post by gkoutlis »

Bush fire - Hacketts Gully - Bahen Rd. Between Mundairing Weir Rd and Dobra Place.

FESA Alerts
Bushfire Emergency Warning for Bahen Road, Hacketts Gully15:06 23/12/2009, Alerts: Alerts
Category: Fire
Alert Summary: A bushfire emergency warning has been issued for people in Bahen Road in Hacketts Gully
Content:
ALERT LEVEL:

A bushfire emergency warning has been issued for people in Bahen Road in Hacketts Gully

Homes in Bahen Road between Lockwood Road and Dobra Place may be impacted by fire in the next hour.

This EMERGENCY WARNING means that if you are in this area your best option for survival is away from the fire. If the way is clear leave for your safer place now and take your survival kit with you. Relocating at the last minute is deadly.

A bushfire watch and act message has been issued for people in Bahen Road, Hacketts Gully between Mundaring Weir Road and Dobra Place.

This means there is a possible threat to lives and homes. You need to put your bushfire survival plan into action. If you have decided to leave for a safer place, leave now if the way is clear and take your bushfire survival kit with you. Relocating at the last minute is deadly. If you plan to use your home as shelter, make final preparations now

A bushfire advice has been issued for people in Mundaring Weir Road, Hacketts Gully and Aldersyde Road, Bickley.

This means you need to be alert and watch for signs of fire. There is no immediate danger but you need to keep up to date in case the situation changes.

People living in the area need to be aware of fire and other emergency services personnel working on site and take their advice.

BUSHFIRE BEHAVIOUR:

The bushfire is moving fast in a northeasterly direction towards Mundaring Weir. It is out of control, unpredictable and fast moving.

Embers are likely to be blown around your home and spot fires are starting up to one metres ahead of the fire.

Flames are as high as roof tops.

FESA was alerted to the fire at 13.35 and currently there has been two hectares burnt.

WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:

DEC firefighters and volunteer Fire and Rescue Service and Bush Fire Service firefighters from seven brigades are on the scene.

Two helitacs, a Type 1 helicopter and two fixed wing water bombers are being used to protect crews and homes.

ROAD CLOSURES:

No roads are currently closed however motorists should avoid the area.

AGENCY RESPONSIBLE:

The Department of Environment and Conservation is managing the fire.

KEEP UP TO DATE:

Call 1300 657 209, visit http://www.fesa.wa.gov.au or listen to news bulletins.

Publication Time: 23/12/2009 3:00 PM
Expiration Time: 24/12/2009 3:00 PM
G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
MBFB

Post by MBFB »

2nd alarm scrub fire tonkin highway wattle grove welshpool1st and 2nd
1319 canningvale 2.4 turning out
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Approx 0900 today - Fremantle 1st and 2nd Responded Fire Call to a Luxury boat on fire - full involved - fire originated from engine room - electrical.

Fremantle 1st called 2nd Alarm - 2 men with CO 2 Extinguishers - then additional 2 in BA - with one line of hose from the Volunteer Sea Rescue - didn't catch name of boat, but alot of damage from the engine bay.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
brocks

Post by brocks »

2.00pm malaga and west swan lt's turning out to grass fire lord st whiteman park,good its only 1st alarm malaga returning to station.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Had a nice quick chat to Perth 2nd and 3rd today who came to our building after a DBA went off. 8)

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

There appears to be a bush fire (unknown classification) - North of Gin Gin - Dandaragan.

Alert from FESA:
Bushfire ADVICE for Boothendarra in the Shire of Dandaragan12:14 29/12/2009, Alerts: Alerts
Alert Summary: A bushfire ADVICE has been issued for people in Marchagee Track area for a fire that has started near Mazza Road. This is on the border of the Shire of Dandaragan and Coorow
Content:
ALERT LEVEL:

A bushfire ADVICE has been issued for people in Marchagee Track area for a fire that has started near Mazza Road. This is on the border of the Shire of Dandaragan and Coorow.

WHAT TO DO:

People living in the area need to be alert and watch for signs of fire.

You should:

· Close all doors and windows

· Turn off evaporative air conditioners but keep water running through the system if possible

People living in the area need to be aware of fire and other emergency services personnel working on site and take their advice.

Seven Bush Fire Service and volunteer Fire and Rescue Service are on their way.

Fixed wing water bombers have been requested to assist ground crews.

The incident was reported at 10.55 am today.

Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully due to smoke. They should also be aware of emergency services personnel working on site and take their advice.

Further information will be released as it become available.

KEEP UP TO DATE:

Call 1300 657 209, visit www.fesa.wa.gov.au or listen to news bulletins.

Publication Time: 29/12/2009 12:10 PM
Expiration Time: 31/12/2009 12:00 AM
G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

treeny
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by treeny »

Murdoch Pump and LT responed to a DBA at St John of God, Murdoch at 12:00. alarm was set off by steam. Alarm was reset and murdoch returned to station
MELVILLE 80
The worst in nature brings out the best in us! STATE EMERGENCY SERVICE WE SERVE
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

gkoutlis wrote:There appears to be a bush fire (unknown classification) - North of Gin Gin - Dandaragan.
I believe from chatter on Ch23 that the fire is between Dandaragan and Badgingarra. Air Intel (Firebird 610) and fixed wing bombers are working.
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!
brocks

Post by brocks »

1.06pm just been 3 reported smoke sightings in toodyay area local bridgades are reporting smoke on way to outbreaks toodyay central have already asked for air support both helitack and bombers to assist wants bombers to go to somewhere in the valley and air attack to go to {sounds like} cundall area
brocks

Post by brocks »

1.24pm helitak 681turning out from darlington oval to bush fire at two rocks
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

TOODYAY FIRE ALERT UPDATE from FESA:
Bushfire EMERGENCY WARNING for Drummond Drive, Avenanthus Road and Stirlingia Drive in Toodyay14:35 29/12/2009, Alerts: Alerts
Alert Summary: A bushfire EMERGENCY WARNING has been issued for people in the Lloyds Hill subdivision in Toodyay.
Content:
ALERT LEVEL:
A bushfire emergency warning has been issued for people in the Lloyds Hill subdivision in Toodyay.
Homes in Drummond Drive, Avenanthus Road and Stirlingia Drive will be impacted by fire now.
This EMERGENCY WARNING means that if you are in this area your best option for survival is away from the fire. If the way is clear leave for your safer place now and take your survival kit with you. Relocating at the last minute is deadly.
If you are leaving go via Sandplain Road on to Toodyay Road and into the townsite.
A bushfire watch and act message has been issued for people in Toodyay near Folewood Road and River Road, the remaining streets of the Lloyds Hill subdivision including Racecourse Road.
This means there is a possible threat to lives and homes. You need to put your bushfire survival plan into action. If you have decided to leave for a safer place, leave now if the way is clear and take your bushfire survival kit with you. Relocating at the last minute is deadly.

BUSHFIRE BEHAVIOUR:
The bushfire is moving fast in a north westerly direction towards Lloyds Hill area. It is out of control, unpredictable and fast moving.
Embers are likely to be blown around your home and spot fires are starting ahead of the fire.
Flames are one to two metres high.
FESA was alerted to the fire at 12.59pm and currently there has been more than 150 hectares burnt.

Volunteer Fire and Rescue Service and Bush Fire Service firefighters are on the scene.
Two helitacs are being used to protect crews and homes.
Emergency services personnel from WA Police and Western Power are working with the Shire of Toodyay and FESA.
Firefighters have saved seven homes in the area.

ROAD CLOSURES:
A number of roads have been closed including:
Sandplain Road from Toodyay Road to Folewood Road
Folewood Road from River Road to the Shire Office.
Racecourse Road at Toodyay Road
Motorists should avoid the area.

Further clarification should be sought from WA Police or Main Roads WA on 138 138.
AGENCY RESPONSIBLE:

Shire of Toodyay is managing the fire.
KEEP UP TO DATE:

Call 1300 657 209, visit http://www.fesa.wa.gov.au or listen to news bulletins.
Publication Time: 29/12/2009 2:30 PM
G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

In the interests of those using phones, those that are copying from the fesa website might like to do a bit of editing, as there is a lot of white space which can be chopped out.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
colin
150+ posts
150+ posts
Amateur callsign: VK6FITN
Scanners and Receivers: RTL2832U with RTL_Airband
Tait 8200

Post by colin »

I second that.

[quote="Tyranus"]In the interests of those using phones, those that are copying from the fesa website might like to do a bit of editing, as there is a lot of white space which can be chopped out.[/quote]
Jem
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden
Bearcat UBC9000XLT (Base)
Bearcat UBC72XLT (Handheld)
Bearcat UBC760XLT (Mobile)

Post by Jem »

Wangara turning out scrub fire Gnagara Road Whiteman Park
Called for 2.4 based on amount of smoke.

Just had 668 and 669 fly over my house (Beechboro) heading for the fire ground

668 and 669 released from fire returning to Perth
Bungarra

Post by Bungarra »

Friends have managed too save their house at Toodyay, but have lost half their cows and all of their stock feed,looks like they may have to shut down their milk business for a while, apparently they have heard that some houses have been lost. Hopefully no lives will be lost.