New Appliances

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

BuddahFRS
150+ posts
150+ posts

New Appliances

Post by BuddahFRS »

hey.

i have been told that there is a new ICV and a new PC. that is built or being built. does anyone else know of this, or even better does anyone have any pics.
----BUDDAH VFRS----
kwn

Re: New Appliances

Post by kwn »

i was next to the workshops when they delivered two new long wheel base toyota hiace vans. with the fesa stripping and badge on them. I assume this will be used as a PC. it was well over a month ago.
BuddahFRS
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by BuddahFRS »

i heard that they are building/built a new ICV. it is a similar design as the SET. Scannia tri-axel with like a slip on unit on the back.
----BUDDAH VFRS----
Smithy
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Smithy »

The new pod carrier is on a new isuzu chassis.
its currently at the FTC with all the pods.
The new ICV was also there for driver training all weekend and i have a pic that i will post soon
singkenten
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by singkenten »

http://warsug.info/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1585&start=285

The ICV should be operational in around a months time...
Belmont ICV crews are training on it at the moment...
Smithy
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Smithy »

pod carrier in the background behind the bus

BuddahFRS
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by BuddahFRS »

ah yeah sorry. got my trucks mixed up. but yeah that pic of the ICV is what i was talking about.
what gear do they have inside of there.
also being a scannia, it will get to incidents quickly. its pretty sad that Perth crews beat Belmont ICV to Armadale incidents. lol
----BUDDAH VFRS----
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Belmont FS has Great Eastern Hwy and Abernethy Road...they're not the best for free flowing traffic at the best of times. Perth however has a number of options Guildford Road, Great Eastern, Freeway etc. Plus a big truck looks more intimidating in a rear view mirror than a little bus!
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Tyranus wrote:Belmont FS has Great Eastern Hwy and Abernethy Road...they're not the best for free flowing traffic at the best of times. Perth however has a number of options Guildford Road, Great Eastern, Freeway etc. Plus a big truck looks more intimidating in a rear view mirror than a little bus!
No not true - Belmont Fire Station is on Belmont Avenue just before Campbell & Fransisco Street - Opposite City Farmers. :wink:

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Ok so not abernethy...but Great Eastern Hwy isn't exactly the fastest moving road or the easiest to get out of the way on.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Tyranus wrote:Ok so not abernethy...but Great Eastern Hwy isn't exactly the fastest moving road or the easiest to get out of the way on.
I'm sure they have their way of getting through - and they wouldn't take GE hwy to get to Armadale, when you have Roe Hwy and Orrong Rd :P

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
singkenten
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by singkenten »

... and the most obvious reason being that the ICV doesnt tend to 'race' anywhere, putting lives at risk for the sake of getting a control point to the scene... the crews tend to apply a bit of common sense and depending on the incident, quite often dont go fire call...
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

singkenten wrote:... and the most obvious reason being that the ICV doesnt tend to 'race' anywhere, putting lives at risk for the sake of getting a control point to the scene... the crews tend to apply a bit of common sense and depending on the incident, quite often dont go fire call...
it is after all, a 'support vehicle' not a fire appliance..
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

They must be doing road trials on the new ICV, witnessed it on Mitchell freeway, pulling away from the old ICV. Looks alot better and more 'funkier' than the old Toyota Coaster.
I've closed the door!
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

written_ficton wrote:They must be doing road trials on the new ICV, witnessed it on Mitchell freeway, pulling away from the old ICV
nup!