New FRS blues

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

singkenten
150+ posts
150+ posts

New FRS blues

Post by singkenten »

Has anyone seen the new FRS blue uniform? Thoughts?
auntys_eyes

Re: New FRS blues

Post by auntys_eyes »

Hasn't the FRS uniform been blue for years? Navy blue cotton slacks with a sky blue shirt.
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!
Smithy
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Smithy »

There was a recent circular that went out saying that CFRS were changing over to new uniform and PPE on the 4th november.
ace of spades

Post by ace of spades »

I have heard from a mate of mine that the perms are getting a new uniform very soon and new PPE will be coming out next year some time.

The new Uniform will see them go to Navy blue cargo pants, Navy Blue Dress/Work shirts very much like the eastern states and going back to T shirts as well instead of the polos they currently wear.

They will also have new jackets to replace the bomber jackets that they currently have and a jumper.

Don't know if or when the vol FRS are getting it. I have heard that they want to stay with the current Shirts and change to the Cargo pants but I don't know
veteranfirie

Post by veteranfirie »

The uniforms are arriving on stations 28/10 and all career FRS will be wearing them from 4/11.
I would expect one of the FESA talking heads will bob up on telly about it.

The volunteers will be staying with the light blue shirts and polos, so you will be able to tell the difference between the two.
I understand this was because of a BIG anti volunteer sentiment from the United Firefighters Union.
Career firie.
Just having a look.
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

As it stands this is with volunteer FRS. How do I know? I attended a Zone meeting at which several members of the WAVFRS Association were in attendance, of which two are on the Uniform Committee.

*Current turn-out gear will stay as is until the career staff finalise their turn-out gear.
*Debate still exists as to whether one of two types of level two coats are to be used.
*3 different kinds of level 1 pants are currently being trialled with six VFRS Brigades. Results will hopefully be in after the coming fire season and a decision made.
*Dressy coats to replace the bomber jackets are coming in the next month or two.
*Dress shirts will be the current colour. The shoulder patches and epaulettes will be changing.
*New dress pants will be available after the new level 1 pants are available. They are polyester and are NOT for turnout.
*Belts are being upgraded.
*Polo shirts and t-shirts should be available soon. Not sure on the T-s but the polo shirts are NOT to be worn operationally.
bohong

Post by bohong »

veteranfirie wrote:
The volunteers will be staying with the light blue shirts and polos, so you will be able to tell the difference between the two.
I understand this was because of a BIG anti volunteer sentiment from the United Firefighters Union.
It has NOTHING to do with 'anti volunteer sentiment' as you put it.

It is purely the fact that when we vollies turn out we are turning out from home/work and are in civvies therefore we should have the approriate PPE on station to change into whereby the CFRS can be any where and are expected to turn out straight away in what they are wearing.

Don't know where you got yuor information from but is clearly incorrect
treeny
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by treeny »

i think i saw the claremont frs in the new blues in subway today. if they were the new ones i liked the old ones better
MELVILLE 80
The worst in nature brings out the best in us! STATE EMERGENCY SERVICE WE SERVE