Black smoke coming from Mt Lawley/Maylands - what is it?

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Just incase anyone wanted to know - It was actually Citronela that fueled the raging fire - I heard on the Main FESA channel - 78.100 - Some one called it an 8-8 - even heard a 3rd Alarm being mentioned.

The building had no fire sprinklers or smoke alarms because the building was quite old - so hope this info helps.
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

Post by vk6hgr »

gkoutlis wrote: The building had no fire sprinklers or smoke alarms because the building was quite old - so hope this info helps.
Yeah, that's what the media were saying. I'm surprised that a building of any age that has members of the public visiting it is permitted to have no smoke alarms...
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator
Site and stream donations: https://www.paypal.me/vk6hgr
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

vk6hgr wrote:
gkoutlis wrote: The building had no fire sprinklers or smoke alarms because the building was quite old - so hope this info helps.
Yeah, that's what the media were saying. I'm surprised that a building of any age that has members of the public visiting it is permitted to have no smoke alarms...
No doubt there are alot of other buildings in perth that don't have any fire sprinklers or alarms - another great example - close to where I live - Bunnings in South Perth - Close to the foreshore -
They even had a fire on Sat night - i was refuelling at Shell and saw some sus activity, and called police - Kensington FESA arrived and put out the fire - Again - No fire alarms or sprinklers on the inside of the building.!! :x This is very dangerous....But all praise goes out to the staff at WA Salvage in Morley for evacuating all of its customers....
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Check this Link out - it was live at the scene of the fire - Not sure i agree with the music, but check it out

www.zoob.net/index.php?p=downloads&fid=0029

Click on download - but i must warn you its about 140MB
doogues71
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by doogues71 »

saw the smoke from this fire.From south beach in freo!!but didn't know what was ablaze at the time.
wascanner

Post by wascanner »

Its a shame when WA Salvage and Bunnings is 100% owned by Wesfarmers.