Interested in possible career opportunities - FESA Technical

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

wascanner

Interested in possible career opportunities - FESA Technical

Post by wascanner »

I am interested to know if anyone knows if FESA employ people with its technical support division to deal with communications. ie radio infustructure, communications systems, electronics etc.

Also what would fesa's qualification requirements be for this kind of work and who at FESA should i contact. But most of all how often do they hire people.

kind regards
wascanner
Toottoot
Banned

Re: Interested in possible career opportunities - FESA Technical

Post by Toottoot »

Yes FESA has a couple of technical sections featuring among others, mechanics and radio technicians.
nra555
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by nra555 »

FESA do have comms. techs. I met one of them once when I was at Wanneroo VBFB base doing some work.
Im not sure on the requirements in relation to education ect, I was told they like it if you have been Defence force trained (because they get the best training, 6yrs or something along those lines) but i dont know for sure. I would be contacting FESA hq if I was you. or maybe you local fire station could point you in the right direction.
meg
Amateur callsign: VK6LUX
Scanners and Receivers: Yaesu: FT990, FT857, FT7800, VX7R. Icom: ID800H. Old RS scanner.

Post by meg »

FESA have an advert up today for Manager of Radio Services -

http://search.jobs.wa.gov.au/page.php?p ... rtID=85221

WARSUG FESA and Scanning Special Events moderator