Fire off Burns Beach road?

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

impdxn

Post by impdxn »

In the process of resizing and uploading the rest of them right now.
impdxn

Post by impdxn »

OK, done. There are over 100 pictures for your visual enjoyment :).
Millsy

Post by Millsy »

pdxn

Sum Bloody Good Shot's in there matey. thanks ! :D
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

P1010050.JPG is a nice pic of belmont icv. Yeah, i went there in a convoy (the strike force team) of 11 vehicles going lights and sirens all the way from gosnells fire station to burns beach control. Vehilces included Mandogalup 3.4 (of course), Oakford 3.4, Baldivis 4.4, South Coogee 3.4, Singleton 2.4, Gosnells 3.4 ? (poss 2.4 cant remember) with light tankers from Kwinana South, Gosnells and cant remember the other 3 light tankers, it was an awesome feeling and would have been a great specticle for anybody to see. Wish i had of had a camera. Also the police tacticle bus was there. Its funny how when we rocked up we waited half an hour or so before we did anything.

I listened to it at the start and at first it was a 2nd alarm and then 5 mins later he called in a 5th alarm (even though there is no such thing).
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

JG-103 wrote:P1010050.JPG is a nice pic of belmont icv. Yeah, i went there in a convoy (the strike force team) of 11 vehicles going lights and sirens all the way from gosnells fire station to burns beach control. Vehilces included Mandogalup 3.4 (of course), Oakford 3.4, Baldivis 4.4, South Coogee 3.4, Singleton 2.4, Gosnells 3.4 ? (poss 2.4 cant remember) with light tankers from Kwinana South, Gosnells and cant remember the other 3 light tankers, it was an awesome feeling and would have been a great specticle for anybody to see. Wish i had of had a camera. Also the police tacticle bus was there. Its funny how when we rocked up we waited half an hour or so before we did anything.

I listened to it at the start and at first it was a 2nd alarm and then 5 mins later he called in a 5th alarm (even though there is no such thing).
Thats the usual story though - as the saying goes, "Hurry up and wait"..

The SOP's actually define incidents up to a 6th alarm.. in a bushfire sense, doesnt really mean much but it certainly does with structural fires etc, with each alarm meaning another station..

5th alarm just meant he wanted at least 5 light tankers there :D

(and ended up with a damn sight more than that!)
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

I didnt know that FRS had a different alarm system to us bushies- learn somethin new everyday.
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Fastlane »

JG-103 wrote:I didnt know that FRS had a different alarm system to us bushies- learn somethin new everyday.
Same system.. you could call a bushfire a 5th alarm if you wanted - just 'coz it aint on your window stickers, doesnt mean it doesnt exist!

Alarm classifications with BFS is fairly new - it was adopted from what Fire & Rescue were doing the same time arrival codes were adopted.

In reality, by the time something gets to a 3rd alarm bushfire, a manager/cbfco is going to start calling the shots and classifying things anyway.
meg
Amateur callsign: VK6LUX
Scanners and Receivers: Yaesu: FT990, FT857, FT7800, VX7R. Icom: ID800H. Old RS scanner.

Post by meg »

JG-103 wrote:lights and sirens all the way from gosnells fire station to burns beach control. Vehilces included Mandogalup 3.4 (of course), Oakford 3.4, Baldivis 4.4, South Coogee 3.4, Singleton 2.4, Gosnells 3.4 ? (poss 2.4 cant remember) with light tankers from Kwinana South, Gosnells and cant remember the other 3 light tankers,
Not on the same strike force, but on the scanner I heard East Swan, Gidge (East?) and Bullsbrook all called lights and sirens too. Heck of a long drive with the siren blaring!
lytec

neerabup fire.

Post by lytec »

Jandakot light tanker was also there i think.also i dont know if they went with us or not but there was a singleton light tanker that joimed up with sector 7 later in the night.and yes the Gosnells vehicle is a 2.4.I was in the lead vehicle(Gosnells light tanker) and it was a buzz going lights and sirens all that way.
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Fastlane »

Theres some pictures of the fire crossing Wanneroo Rd online at www.quinnsrocksbfb.org.au
impdxn

Post by impdxn »

Thanks for the link. Good pics.
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Fastlane »

Fastlane wrote:Theres some pictures of the fire crossing Wanneroo Rd online at www.quinnsrocksbfb.org.au
... and even more uploaded