Dual registered Brigades

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Dual registered Brigades

Post by Tyranus »

Darlington is Dual Registered. No we don't have red trucks, do road accident rescue or any of that. Mainly because we have Midland 10 minutes down the road under normal road, less under firecall. A number of the members prefer having winter off hence no HSR. But as has been noted our trucks are signed as Fire and Rescue.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
bohong

Re: Metro FRS Stations

Post by bohong »

Tyranus wrote:Darlington is Dual Registered. No we don't have red trucks, do road accident rescue or any of that. Mainly because we have Midland 10 minutes down the road under normal road, less under firecall. A number of the members prefer having winter off hence no HSR. But as has been noted our trucks are signed as Fire and Rescue.
Tyranus,

How did you boys go about being dual registered and what type of justification did you use to get it over the line?
I know it helps with funding, but how can you get around not doing the red truck stuff?
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Happened before I joined, and I don't get too involved with all the politics.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

bohong wrote:
Tyranus wrote:Darlington is Dual Registered. No we don't have red trucks, do road accident rescue or any of that. Mainly because we have Midland 10 minutes down the road under normal road, less under firecall. A number of the members prefer having winter off hence no HSR. But as has been noted our trucks are signed as Fire and Rescue.
Tyranus,

How did you boys go about being dual registered and what type of justification did you use to get it over the line?
I know it helps with funding, but how can you get around not doing the red truck stuff?
bohong, it'll be legalese so they can use powers of entry etc under the Fire Brigades Act, as all of the area around Darlington is part of the Gazetted Fire District.
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Merredin VFRS was dual registered as VFRS & BFS - they never had a BFS truck.
bohong

Post by bohong »

WPXZBP wrote:Merredin VFRS was dual registered as VFRS & BFS - they never had a BFS truck.
I can understand a VFRS brigade getting BFS as a dual registration as we looked at that option to enable us to get another light tanker. But cannot understand the BFS going VFRS without taking on the role??

Just confused
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Fastlane »

bohong wrote:
WPXZBP wrote:Merredin VFRS was dual registered as VFRS & BFS - they never had a BFS truck.
I can understand a VFRS brigade getting BFS as a dual registration as we looked at that option to enable us to get another light tanker. But cannot understand the BFS going VFRS without taking on the role??

Just confused
didn't I cover this in the other thread???
bohong

Post by bohong »

Fastlane wrote:
bohong wrote:

Just confused
didn't I cover this in the other thread???
I doubt whether everyone thinks just of the legalities like yourself and would use this as sole motivation for becoming dual registered.
Our motivation was to enhance the response capabilities of the community, and to tell the truth citing rules and regs did not even come into it. I would believe most brigades would be the same.
I know some brigades do it for the financial incentives of dipping into 2 different buckets to help with their station/equipment/training etc and this is to be applauded.
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Re: Dual registered Brigades

Post by Fastlane »

There aren't 2 buckets anymore. Since the ESL came in, all the money comes from FESA, not from Local Govt. And I doubt you'd get dual reg without a very good response (and yes, LEGAL) reason, as its up to FESA to request this...
auntys_eyes

Re: Dual registered Brigades

Post by auntys_eyes »

Tyranus wrote:Darlington is Dual Registered...
I know this is an old thread, but for the purpose of clarification Darlington is NOT a Dual Registered Brigade. This matter was discussed at a recent Brigade meeting, and although the process of dual registration was initiated several years ago it was never ratified.
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!