Metro FRS Stations

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

kylep
150+ posts
150+ posts

Metro FRS Stations

Post by kylep »

I have repeated an exercise I undertook in Google Earth a while back, but lost in the meantime. The links below enable you to see the location and basic information about FRS Stations in the Metro area via Google Maps (and therefore StreetView). I will be doing Former FRS/WAFB Stations, BFS and Country FRS when I get the time.
I have included
- Career/Volunteer
- Link to Photo of Station
- List of Appliances normally stationed/crewed there. I haven't include Summer LTs, spares etc.

Please note most of this was done from my not so fresh memory of this information. Please update this thread with KNOWN updates/changes. I need to double check the HP locations, but think I got it right.

I will update these over time, and may add additional info. Mods, feel free to sticky.

cheers
Perth and North

South of Perth
B37fire

Re: Metro FRS Stations

Post by B37fire »

Nice job Kylep.

You can find some good photos for the New Perth Station in the pictures forum. Am sure the user will give you permision to use them. Might be awhile till we see any trucks parked in there!!
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Yup - there are some of mine - quite welcome to use them
I've closed the door!
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

excellent Kyle!

Butler station location (if you want it precise).. head north, theres a carpark with a shed to its north and a building to its south. The station is the shed on the north of the little carpark (theres a gate/fence there across the road you can almost make out).
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Kyle its the best thing WA has ever had - good stuff...
G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
B37fire

Post by B37fire »

Am heading up to Canarvon on Thursday to do a practical completion inspection of the new Canarvon VFRS station so I will take some pics for your map.
CobCob

Post by CobCob »

Looks good
One change is that the three career 2.4's are now Hino ie Malaga, Canningvale and Joondalup
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Good work, I didn't notice a marking for Mundaring or Darlington though. Mundaring is VFRS with a HSR and LT, Darlington has 2 light tankers which while it has white light tankers is still VFRS
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

Tyranus wrote:Good work, I didn't notice a marking for Mundaring or Darlington though. Mundaring is VFRS with a HSR and LT, Darlington has 2 light tankers which while it has white light tankers is still VFRS
Mundaring is on there!
Chooky

Post by Chooky »

Nice work Kylep. Isn't Falcon a VFRS??? There is no marker at the location, Cobblers St between Zavia St and Flavia St, dark green building closest to access way onto Old Coast Rd. I'm not to sure what units they have there, but i drive past it about once a week.

Chooky
firie163

Post by firie163 »

Hi Kyle, Nice work. Just for info i have included a couple of updates for you,
Mandurah run a series 4 MP and the vols run 2.4Urban Tanker, LT and Rescue Trailer
Success run a Series 3 MP with confined space equipment
Welshpool run a Series 4 MPHR
Bassendean are now running the brand new MK 5 heavy pump
Belmont needs to be included as they run a Heavy, LT and the ICV

Falcon VFRS runs a new Series 2 HSR, LT and i believe a 2.4
kylep
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by kylep »

Thanks all, looks like some updates to do today, and mostly they were things I knew, just forgot :)

In response to all: (NOW ALL UPDATED)
- Perth (new) pics will be added by the time I go home this weekend (or at least taken and added later)
- Butler, thanks for the detail, knew they were in the rail yard there somewhere, figure I'd leave the marker outside as it's not accessible to the 'public'
- Country stations I'll be chatting to Wes about, perhaps you should make your Carnarvon image available for the VFRSA site
- New 2.4s, yeah Hino (forgot that bit), can anyone confirm who has new ones, noticed Canningvale in their old or spare UT57 yesterday. UPDATED
- Mundaring as someone noted, is there
- Darlington, so I get it right - FRS, Dual Reg or...? ADDED
- Falcon, yes forgot about them, thought there was another down Mandurah way - UPDATE: Will later be added to FRS - South West, not Metro :)
- Success, UPDATED:)
- Welshpool 2nd, had just forgotten to write MkIV :) UPDATED
- Mandurah - UPDATED
Last edited by kylep on Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
ace of spades

Post by ace of spades »

So Tyrannus does that mean Darlington has Vehicle rescue and structural capabilities and equipment and also do they wear the same uniform and PPE like other CFRS and VFRS brigades? If not can you really call your self VFRS because your website states that you are a Bushfire brigade and that you come under the Mundaring shire control and not a FRS manager control.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

- Perth (new) pics will be added by the time I go home this weekend (or at least taken and added later)
Happy for you to use mine & credit me instead of taking pictures?
I've closed the door!
kylep
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by kylep »

Thanks, and no thanks. I take the pics anyway, and prefer to keep it as much to my own work as possible. Will be adding links to appliances in the future as well, but need many more hours to sit down and sort through those.