Metro Fire Stations

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

BuddahFRS
150+ posts
150+ posts

Re: Metro Fire Stations

Post by BuddahFRS »

ace of spades wrote:Don't know who you were talking to tyranus but I would be extremely surprised if that occured . Buddah you are right in some aspects but those firies at Maddingotn can relieve anywhere in the Metro area if required and not just the stations you mentioned. My mate is in the relief pool and he said he can go anywhere and the process of sister stations has gone right out the window.
yes true relieve crews can go anywhere, but now they are trying to split up the relieve pool, and have them stationed at relieve stations (Maddington for example)

but yeah if an area has more crew of sick then there are relieves, then yeah relieves will then have to come from other areas,
----BUDDAH VFRS----
Hotel Mike 107
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden
UBC72XLT

Post by Hotel Mike 107 »

2 weeks ago i had a visit to Midland FRS (STN06) there where 5 FF 1 SO....does this help any of use guys with this topic ??? Midland have a MP / LT and a 2nd LT but it around the side and it look like a 04 modle not very new
johnny99

Post by johnny99 »

all right lets try and clear up some confusion
The relief firefighters are located at various stations throughout the metro area including Perth. They can be sent anywhere within the metro area depending on their qualifications. Some relief stations have 1 firefighter and some may have 2 or 3. If they are not required then they ride in the back of the pump because they may be required for a relief at anytime during the day or night. If there are 2 such as at Midland then occassionally they may ride a second LT especially during summer.
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Correct and that is what was occuring quite frequently last season, and will probably occur again this season.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
treeny
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by treeny »

cheers for clearing that up johnny99
MELVILLE 80
The worst in nature brings out the best in us! STATE EMERGENCY SERVICE WE SERVE
Hotel Mike 107
UBC72XLT

Post by Hotel Mike 107 »

Dnt no if this is the right section to put it in....

as im aware tht it comen up to summer time and alot of th FRS station will be busy with incidents and stuff but would it be okk to visit a fire station and how would i go about doing it what steps would i have to follow ??
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Hotel Mike 107 wrote:Dnt no if this is the right section to put it in....

as im aware tht it comen up to summer time and alot of th FRS station will be busy with incidents and stuff but would it be okk to visit a fire station and how would i go about doing it what steps would i have to follow ??

I don't think it would be a wise idea to visit a FRS Station, without prior approval. Especially, during the most busiest time of the year for them.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Ring the local District Office to see if they can organise a visit. That'd be the safest bet.
Hotel Mike 107
UBC72XLT

Post by Hotel Mike 107 »

thanks guys i live in lockridge so my safest bet would to ring DM Swan
treeny
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by treeny »

Firies are always happy to chat and show u round the station, but u have to respect the fact that they might ask u 2 leave as they have to turn out. You can go to your local station and ask if they can show u round, i mean whats the worst that can happen, they say there a little busy at the moment??? I have visited a FRS station in mid summer and they were happy to show me round. My advice would be wait till we get a slightly cooler day than the next few forcasted, and visit then.
MELVILLE 80
The worst in nature brings out the best in us! STATE EMERGENCY SERVICE WE SERVE
Infernal
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBC60XLT

Post by Infernal »

Just heard on the Radio that they still refuse to move into the new East Perth F/STN, complainin its too small.

The union said that this would be the smalest fire station in the country for a CBD
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

AO11912 wrote:Just heard on the Radio that they still refuse to move into the new East Perth F/STN, complainin its too small.

The union said that this would be the smalest fire station in the country for a CBD
I was at this conference. They are not saying the station is too small. They are suggesting that the Engine Room (Engine Bays) is too small. Origanally designed for 3 appliances now intended to house 4.
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!
Amb510

Post by Amb510 »

I dont blame them it looks friggen small and TBH in the worst possible position ever great being on wellington street near the freeway but that corner during peak hour good luck at drivers paying attention to not blocking the driveway i dont know why they dont have traffic lights up like they do at the other, when this opens does the old perth fire station stop being used or will they keep appliances there still.
kylep
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by kylep »

treeny wrote:Firies are always happy to chat and show u round the station, but u have to respect the fact that they might ask u 2 leave as they have to turn out. You can go to your local station and ask if they can show u round, i mean whats the worst that can happen, they say there a little busy at the moment??? I have visited a FRS station in mid summer and they were happy to show me round. My advice would be wait till we get a slightly cooler day than the next few forcasted, and visit then.
Just remember, you are visiting these guys in their 'office'. Just because they aren't at a job doesn't mean they aren't working, or taking a well earned break between jobs. It is courteous to make arrangements to visit, so they can choose a convenient and appropriate time.
They may be kind enough to show you around when you show up on the doorstep, but they'd be happier if you organised it first.