SES incidents

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Re: SES incidents

Post by Tyranus »

spartacus wrote:Second incident was my home, tin on the roof had begun to peel back. Again SES Canning/South Perth doing a great job in sandbagging it down for the night.

Pics are in the pic section,
Lucky they got to it before it caught too much. Bit unlucky it caught your roof, tin is usually the best bet for roofs, as they don't damage as easy.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
spartacus
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: ONEDAYILLGETIT
Scanners and Receivers: ubc92xlt

Post by spartacus »

Aparently the flashing for the water profing that was holding the edges down and waterproofing the walls, had peeled back and that caused the roof to lift up, then the wind got into it and Mother Nature did the rest.... Put it this way, it's not the worst out there, we're rather lucky.
To stop displaying signatures, go to the User Control Panel > Board Preferences > Edit display options > Display signatures > No > Submit
Magnus
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Magnus »

Large section of roof on house in Gooseberry Hill blown off back of house, landed in front yard
Large Gum tree on house in Forrestfield
Tree on car in Forrestfield
Many other small jobs
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

spartacus wrote:The tin roof on Easyway on Angelo St in Sth Perth has come off completely, the timber joists are clearly visible.

Angelo Street Between Coode and Tate Closed, emergency traffic only, an unmarked WAPOL vehicle was there along with two hard working units from SES Canning/South Perth.

Second incident was my home, tin on the roof had begun to peel back. Again SES Canning/South Perth doing a great job in sandbagging it down for the night.

Pics are in the pic section,
Was this the one Perth TTL 3 went to to assist Kensington Pump and LT?

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
spartacus
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: ONEDAYILLGETIT
Scanners and Receivers: ubc92xlt

Post by spartacus »

Probably but I didn't see either when I drove past. I don't think there were any other major jobs in the area.
To stop displaying signatures, go to the User Control Panel > Board Preferences > Edit display options > Display signatures > No > Submit
Turbo
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Turbo »

gkoutlis wrote:Was this the one Perth TTL 3 went to to assist Kensington Pump and LT?

G
Yes it was.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Thanks Turbo. 8)

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
treeny
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by treeny »

Sorry so late. Melville SES responded to over 25 requests for assistance from 22:00 27th June. Many small jobs requiring the chainsaws. Majority received on Monday morning. Mel 01 flagged down by WAPOL on Monday arvo to clear a tree that was blocking 2 lanes of Leach Highway in Palmyra.
MELVILLE 80
The worst in nature brings out the best in us! STATE EMERGENCY SERVICE WE SERVE
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Sounds like a rough night for our Orange Angels tonight... - Wouldn't want to be out in this bad weather they say is headed for Perth....

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

treeny
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by treeny »

yep, most metro units are on standby as of 2200 hrs and we have a warning of possible tornadoes. could be a long night
MELVILLE 80
The worst in nature brings out the best in us! STATE EMERGENCY SERVICE WE SERVE
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

treeny wrote:yep, most metro units are on standby as of 2200 hrs and we have a warning of possible tornadoes. could be a long night
Well, wishing you Orange Angels and all other Emergency Services personnel all the very best for tonight.

By the looks on the Weather Radar - it's going to get really wild within a few hours time...

http://mirror.bom.gov.au/products/IDR123.loop.shtml

http://www.weatherzone.com.au/radar.jsp ... ye=1&lyf=1

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

Nick
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Nick »

We have a roof off in Australind
Blinky
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Blinky »

Nick wrote:We have a roof off in Australind
Bunbury SES assisted Australind SES.

and this is the roof off.

Last edited by Blinky on Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those who do not.
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

joys of tin! If it gets damaged...it gets damaged in a big way usually!
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Aparantly, the Weather Bureau is forecasting a "Super Storm" this afternoon - don't know how credible this is, or another media ploy to over rate something....

http://www.thewest.com.au/default.aspx? ... tID=156425

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member