SES incidents

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Re: SES incidents

Post by written_ficton »

The Rangers were kept seriously busy in the western suburbs over the weekend, mostly with Tree's & blocked drains...

Also while refueling saw Northsore SES truck, got some pictures will upload
I've closed the door!
Blinky
150+ posts
150+ posts

Bunbury Tornado

Post by Blinky »

10 teams were out and about this afternoon from Bunbury, Busselton, Donnybrook, Bridgetown, Manjimup, Margret River, Mandurah, Murray (I think I saw), Collie. I don't think I missed anyone out. 70 calls for assistance (could have been more) plus we were finding when we went to one house many more around were also damaged and the neighbourhood were coming to us and taking sand bags, rope and plastic sheets to make their own repairs. A few we went to after they had done their own and threw a few sandbags and/or plastic sheet on to make their repairs a bit better.

Salvation Army Emergency Services were based at Bunbury SES providing food and warm drinks.

Many teams are back tomorrow for a second go to clear the backlog.

I uploaded some of the pictures I took today to this gallery. Hopefully it works as its the first time I have tried to upload to a gallery.

http://yfrog.com/29tornado19june020jx

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those who do not.
treeny
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by treeny »

Melville SES had a callout at 0600 today. Car V House in Bicton. Melville 01, Fremantle 1st, Highway Patrol and Major Crash attended. 3 occupants of the car were removed and taken to Fremantle Hospital, the kids that were in the bedroom escaped with minor cuts and abrasions. Alcohol believed to be a factor as car became airborne, crashed through a brick fence, took out one corner or the roof before coming to rest in a bedroom. Roof was propped and room was covered in black plastic to prevebt water damage.
MELVILLE 80
The worst in nature brings out the best in us! STATE EMERGENCY SERVICE WE SERVE
Turbo
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Turbo »

treeny wrote:Melville SES had a callout at 0600 today. Car V House in Bicton. Melville 01, Fremantle 1st, Highway Patrol and Major Crash attended. 3 occupants of the car were removed and taken to Fremantle Hospital, the kids that were in the bedroom escaped with minor cuts and abrasions. Alcohol believed to be a factor as car became airborne, crashed through a brick fence, took out one corner or the roof before coming to rest in a bedroom. Roof was propped and room was covered in black plastic to prevebt water damage.
Major Crash didnt attend this and the car ended up on its roof in the front yard, not the bedroom.

Stacks of damage, very lucky no one was killed.
treeny
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by treeny »

Turbo wrote:
treeny wrote:Melville SES had a callout at 0600 today. Car V House in Bicton. Melville 01, Fremantle 1st, Highway Patrol and Major Crash attended. 3 occupants of the car were removed and taken to Fremantle Hospital, the kids that were in the bedroom escaped with minor cuts and abrasions. Alcohol believed to be a factor as car became airborne, crashed through a brick fence, took out one corner or the roof before coming to rest in a bedroom. Roof was propped and room was covered in black plastic to prevebt water damage.
Major Crash didnt attend this and the car ended up on its roof in the front yard, not the bedroom.

Stacks of damage, very lucky no one was killed.
there were guys there with laser surveying stuff so i thort they were maj. crash and i meant to say front yard, but i was in a hurry as i was on my way out. yes there was lots of damage. i had an interesting time fixing the plastic up in some places. when i was workin inside i noticed that there was chunks of brickwork exactly where the pillows would have been. very traumatic for the family
MELVILLE 80
The worst in nature brings out the best in us! STATE EMERGENCY SERVICE WE SERVE
Magnus
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Magnus »

Search in Forrestfield this morning
Elderly lady missing - successful conclusion

http://www.thewest.com.au/default.aspx? ... tID=149557
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Mount Helena only a few K's from Forrestfield...Mount Helena Valley Road X Midland Road huh!
Let's try Helena Valley is only a few K's from Forrestfield and Helena Valley Road crosses with Midland Road.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
meg
Amateur callsign: VK6LUX
Scanners and Receivers: Yaesu: FT990, FT857, FT7800, VX7R. Icom: ID800H. Old RS scanner.

Post by meg »

Tyranus wrote:Mount Helena only a few K's from Forrestfield...Mount Helena Valley Road X Midland Road huh!
Let's try Helena Valley is only a few K's from Forrestfield and Helena Valley Road crosses with Midland Road.
Yep - Mt Helena and Helena Valley are more like 15k's apart as the crow flies...

WARSUG FESA and Scanning Special Events moderator
Magnus
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Magnus »

Correct location was Helena Valley Rd x Midland Rd
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Thanks for posting the article. I got paged at 2am for that search, and then a phone call as they wanted a comms operator/navigator to run with the Stirling tracker dog and handler. Unfortunately I couldn't as I had to be at work for 7
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
Magnus
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Magnus »

We were out at 3am
We managed to get comms for the dogs.
Had to use CH01 in that area as it's in the shadow of the hills and our repeater (CH10) at Kalamunda doesn't cover the area
Quad bikes and copper (61 ?) were also active.
Magnus
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Magnus »

185 Jobs across metro since 18:00 28th June

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0 ... 61,00.html
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

More to come tonight - with the weather bureau predicting a stronger storm than what hit us last night and this morning.

Good luck to all in the SES, FRS etc.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
spartacus
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: ONEDAYILLGETIT
Scanners and Receivers: ubc92xlt

Post by spartacus »

The tin roof on Easyway on Angelo St in Sth Perth has come off completely, the timber joists are clearly visible.

Angelo Street Between Coode and Tate Closed, emergency traffic only, an unmarked WAPOL vehicle was there along with two hard working units from SES Canning/South Perth.

Second incident was my home, tin on the roof had begun to peel back. Again SES Canning/South Perth doing a great job in sandbagging it down for the night.

Pics are in the pic section,
To stop displaying signatures, go to the User Control Panel > Board Preferences > Edit display options > Display signatures > No > Submit
Turbo
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Turbo »

If anyone heres any incidents tonight (mainly damage to structures, cars etc), if you feel like letting me know I would greatly appreciate it!

Sms is fine 0410 426 373 - News@Night

Thank you!!!