Fire Weather

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

150+ posts
150+ posts

Re: Fire Weather

Post by newbie »

looks like thunder cells developing east of Gingin and just north of Pearce...
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

The Bureau of Meteorology has forecast a Severe Fire Danger Rating for Wednesday 4 January for Perth Metropolitan and surrounding areas.

This includes the Perth Metropolitan area, Perth Hills and neighbouring shires of:
• Chittering
• Gingin
• Murray
• Serpentine-Jarrahdale
• Toodyay
• Waroona

http://www.fesa.wa.gov.au/firedangerrat ... temId=3375
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
kwn

Post by kwn »

gkoutlis wrote:The Bureau of Meteorology has forecast a Severe Fire Danger Rating for Wednesday 4 January for Perth Metropolitan and surrounding areas.

This includes the Perth Metropolitan area, Perth Hills and neighbouring shires of:
• Chittering
• Gingin
• Murray
• Serpentine-Jarrahdale
• Toodyay
• Waroona

http://www.fesa.wa.gov.au/firedangerrat ... temId=3375
I wonder why Serpentine-Jarrahdale has not declared a total fire ban tomorrow? Seems everyone else has??
Helitak_670
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Helitak_670 »

As soon as it goes to Severe and Catastrophic there is a automatic TFB put in place. I am pretty sure they changed the law for that to occur.
WadeH

Post by WadeH »

Helitak_670 wrote:As soon as it goes to Severe and Catastrophic there is a automatic TFB put in place. I am pretty sure they changed the law for that to occur.
Unfortunately this is one part of the problem with FESA's attitude to TFB at present. To many grey areas and guesswork.
They need to flood media and get it into the community like they do in Victoria. They leave you in no dought there, even sirens on the TV!
I would be guessing that if you went into the comunity in general and asked whena TFB comes into force and what is allowed most would have no idea. Aske a Victorian (I used to be one years ago), no questian. Its rammed into you from birth!!
VFS Volunteer, ASWA Member
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

BoM Radar showing thunderstorms building around GinGin. (256KM setting) - 15:13

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
dlcat1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dlcat1 »

gkoutlis wrote:BoM Radar showing thunderstorms building around GinGin. (256KM setting) - 15:13

G
That blew up out of nowhere. That system still seems to be set up for a bit more activity.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

dlcat1 wrote:
gkoutlis wrote:BoM Radar showing thunderstorms building around GinGin. (256KM setting) - 15:13

G
That blew up out of nowhere. That system still seems to be set up for a bit more activity.
It's all gone now... It seems to have fizzled. It's intensity before looked similar to last night.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

dlcat1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dlcat1 »

Okay, seeing it on radar isn't the same. :)

I've been watching it here http://www.weatherzone.com.au/satellite/ and it looks like the system that went through Perth last night is now dropping lightning right through the eastern Central West, Wheatbelt and Great Southern. Thinking it could be a busy day :(
westernwedgey
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by westernwedgey »

WadeH wrote:They need to flood media and get it into the community like they do in Victoria. They leave you in no dought there, even sirens on the TV!
I would be guessing that if you went into the comunity in general and asked whena TFB comes into force and what is allowed most would have no idea. Aske a Victorian (I used to be one years ago), no questian. Its rammed into you from birth!!
Trust me out in the bush they are pretty glued to the radio for TFB and weather info, some get constant updates, especially in the wheatbelt areas. Radio stations transmit up to date info and have done for over 40 years.