long duration BA

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

realfirie
Banned

Re: long duration BA

Post by realfirie »

Hey ace of spades if you are correct would you be able to let us know which career stations dont carry T - pieces. Thanks
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Ok, webpage is back up and I'm pleased to announce that according to the most current Mobilising SOP on the extranet which was current as of 2 November 2005

1. Long duration BA capability stations are: Perth, Fremantle, Daglish, Joondalup, Canning Vale, Maddington, Welshpool, SET, and all country career stations.

Now while this may be a bit old and most stations have acquired T pieces and others, these are the listed stations for 6AR to be able to turn out.
Looking at my list there appears to be no Midland as I had thought was the case earlier.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
AVBFS
Scanners and Receivers: UBCT9

Post by AVBFS »

long duration BA use 6 Lt BA cylinders twined and normal BA use a single 9 Lt cylinders
:mrgreen:
realfirie
Banned

Post by realfirie »

Sorry AVBFS but that is not correct. Single Cylinder BD96 sets use a single 6.8l composite cylinder and when twinned carry twin 6.8l composite cylinders. The cylinders dont change at all.
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

realfirie wrote:Sorry AVBFS but that is not correct. Single Cylinder BD96 sets use a single 6.8l composite cylinder and when twinned carry twin 6.8l composite cylinders. The cylinders dont change at all.
To avoid "he said, she said" - do you have anything you can point to for the rest of us to follow along? :)
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
philby
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by philby »

just on the turn out disscusion, it has on a second alarm resuce to mobilize RAR?
can anyone tell me what this is? Road accident rescue? #-o
realfirie
Banned

Post by realfirie »

To avoid "he said, she said" - do you have anything you can point to for the rest of us to follow along?
Sorry Zebedee I suppose you could find it somewhere in the FESA B.A Learning Manual if you can get hold of a copy. I was just stating what i knew of the top of my head due to the fact that i have been associated with these sets on a weekly basis since they came into service, but im sure someone will still know better...................
realfirie
Banned

Post by realfirie »

Philby, A appliance equipped for road accident rescue
Tyranus

Post by Tyranus »

BA Manual wrote:Has a volumetric water capacity of 6.8 Litres
For the record, it says that to maintain competency in BA you must complete 6 wears of BA in a training environment (not operational). For members maintaining long duration BA, 2 of these 6 need to be in long duration configuration. These extended training sessions need to be longer than 50 minutes.
For those with access to the portal: https://volunteers.fesa.wa.gov.au/membe ... 0-08_C.pdf
Stirling SES
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

realfirie wrote:Sorry Zebedee I suppose you could find it somewhere in the FESA B.A Learning Manual if you can get hold of a copy. I was just stating what i knew of the top of my head ...
That was exactly the point I was making. If it's documented somewhere, then where is it documented and what does it say?

There seems to be conflicting information, so for those of us playing at home, which one is more correct?
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

Zebedee wrote:
realfirie wrote:Sorry Zebedee I suppose you could find it somewhere in the FESA B.A Learning Manual if you can get hold of a copy. I was just stating what i knew of the top of my head ...
That was exactly the point I was making. If it's documented somewhere, then where is it documented and what does it say?

There seems to be conflicting information, so for those of us playing at home, which one is more correct?
.. and Tyranus beat me to the crunch. I'll add that at 300 bar, you get 2040 litres of compressed breathable air.
philby
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by philby »

realfirie wrote:Philby, A appliance equipped for road accident rescue
thanks RF, that raises another question. Arent all pumps manned by perms got Road rescue gear?
Tyranus

Post by Tyranus »

A 2.4 doesn't...what it indicates though is that for a second alarm rescue it would be acceptable to have Malaga pump and LT and Malaga 2.4. The 2.4 would have charged hoses and would be ready for any fires, while the crew manning the pump and LT would conduct the rescue.
Stirling SES
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Technically a 2.4 isn't a pumper, it's a tanker. (ie 2.4 Urban Tanker or 2.4UT)
observer
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by observer »

Zebedee wrote:

How many vehicles have 9l cylinders?? None (are there any 9l cylinders in the metro area). All pumps have 6.8l composite cylinders, 4 on the sets and 4 spares. So if they need to twin they simply use one of the spares in conjunction with the cylinder already on the set.