BFB TRAINING

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

slime wearer

BFB TRAINING

Post by slime wearer »

Notice how FESA has now cut BFB Training? used to be they had 228&229 then 303&304 then 403&404 now theres sweet FA and only one hot fire this year...... Bet someone gets a pay rise.. then thats our tax dollars at work. As per usual nothing will change till one of us is killed
Jonesy
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBCT9, Tait 2020/8200, GME 80Ch UHF

Re: BFB TRAINING

Post by Jonesy »

I would be checking you facts before you make any more rash statements like the one above, I am looking at the calender at this very minute and there is infact more than what you state.
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

As has been stated before, if you don't like the training offered whinging about it here won't do you any good. Go via your Brigade Captain to get training from your Area Manager. If that's no help then get your Captain to talk to your District Manager.
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

The training offered is in consultation with the Local Govt Fire Training Co-Ordinators/Chiefs. They only provide what is requested by the regions.

2.28, 2.29, 3.04 and 4.04 are no longer recognised courses. These will be (or have been) replaced with others under the new training framework. I've never heard of 3.03 or 4.03 ?
Bigfella78

Post by Bigfella78 »

From what I've heard 2.28 and 2.29 have been merged with another course. The class sizes have increased as well so there will be more places but less days. It might appear less but its not really..
A52

"Just because your paranoid doesn't mean their not following you"
Jonesy
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBCT9, Tait 2020/8200, GME 80Ch UHF

Post by Jonesy »

Bigfella78 wrote:From what I've heard 2.28 and 2.29 have been merged with another course. The class sizes have increased as well so there will be more places but less days. It might appear less but its not really..
Appears that they are now merged with the Crew Leader COurse - Having done all 3 last year, there was a fair bit of cross over between them