Yanchep Fire

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Yanchep Fire

Post by Tyranus »

I think based on the success of the Kings park fire thread we can have one for Yanchep while it's on.

Roleystone 2.4 BFS turning out to the Yanchep fire
chrissss

Re: Yanchep Fire

Post by chrissss »

Rocko 2nd goin normal
Tyranus

Post by Tyranus »

Guildford LT just been told to return to incident after heading to the same incident as Success
Mug
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93xlt

Post by Mug »

Gosnells 24 an lt turning out
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

meeting at gateways and going in strike force,will be interesting if they go firecall

gosnells has to back track lol
Tyranus

Post by Tyranus »

Sounds like water bombers are working from Pierce air base, and one of them has spotted what looks like remainder of an extinguished fire.
Tyranus

Post by Tyranus »

according to my RSS feed the Yanchp fire is in the Pinjar Pine plantation. Landsdale is under control and they're working on extinguishment.
Helitak_670
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Helitak_670 »

A Strike team from Mundaring was sent to Yanchep.
Gohie

Post by Gohie »

Has anyone got any information of current status, units attending, and forcasted fire movement. been listening, but very scant information.

Thanks
SamW

Post by SamW »

I went to the Yanchep fire last night in Parky 3.4, as part of the Mundaring shire strike force. Parky 3.4, Mt Helena 3.4, Stoneville LT1 and 2 and shire of Mundaring light tanker. Met at Bilgoman pool and headed down in convoy under normal road. What a big fire, they were thinking around 8000-10,000 hectares burnt, and said that if the wind come up the right/wrong way this morning that they could have a 15km long fire front.
They had alot of units there, including alot from DEC, I saw Rockingham there so they are coming p from a fair way away. They also had a 50,000L water tanker parked in on our sector, and they also had a fuel truck, first aid post, Techs, also saw a OKA from the ses, a collar tank from Wanneroo and the salvo's had their big food truck, on the menu last night was Ham and cheese toasties as well as chicken toasties, Icecream, cake, biscuits, all the usually stuff. Took my camera but didn't take any pics. Our tanker was court in a few embarrassing situations that I won't tell you about, but I am sure everyone in the Mundaring shire will soon hear about and that we will never live down...
Gohie

Post by Gohie »

Thanks SamW. Good to hear something. All info about Kings Park only - but little about Yanchep and nothing about Bridgetown. Hope you all keep safe.
Smithy
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Smithy »

Baldivis lt1 mobile to yanchep as part of a strike team. Heard mandogalup 3.4 and lt also off station for this incident
qr07

Post by qr07 »

kwinana south lt1 en route to yanchep control point
treeny
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by treeny »

SamW wrote:They also had a 50,000L water tanker parked in on our sector
Are you sure it was 50,000 that's a very big tanker. this image is of a 45,000 ltr tanker. i cant imagine FESA owning one of these. Please correct me if i'm wrong http://www.roadtransport.com/blogs/big- ... %20021.jpg
Smithy
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Smithy »

treeny wrote:
SamW wrote:They also had a 50,000L water tanker parked in on our sector
Are you sure it was 50,000 that's a very big tanker. this image is of a 45,000 ltr tanker. i cant imagine FESA owning one of these. Please correct me if i'm wrong http://www.roadtransport.com/blogs/big- ... %20021.jpg
FESA may not own it but DEC or another private contractor may.
I know at a fire in baldivis last year we had a 50,000 litre DEC tanker with us. only problem was the connections were differant