Helitak Thread

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

Helitak_670
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Re: Helitak Thread

Post by Helitak_670 »

So I wonder if there is going to be Air Intell FB611 and the BO-105? I have noticed WDI (611) down at Jandakot with Police stickers on it lately. Personally I think there should be another two AS350B3's added to the fleet.
singkenten
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by singkenten »

Air intel chopper is being used for CHOGM hence the WAPOL stickers
Helitak_670
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Helitak_670 »

Just to let you all know we have a new frame this year for Helitac 681 She is blue and white. rego is C-FIBN

oh and the "new" air intel Helicopter should be ready soon. I will be heading down to Jandakot to see if I can snap a pic or two.
xr8edute

Post by xr8edute »

Helitak_670 wrote:Just to let you all know we have a new frame this year for Helitac 681 She is blue and white. rego is C-FIBN

oh and the "new" air intel Helicopter should be ready soon. I will be heading down to Jandakot to see if I can snap a pic or two.
So I take it that neither of these helis are new new then. So how old are they?
Proud Member of Wagin VFRS & Wagin Town BFS
Helitak_670
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Helitak_670 »

The Bo-105 I think is going to be VH-XRA the Black one made in 1987

S61 C-FIBN was made in 1976

The Second S61 coming to Perth will be C-GHTN which I would say will become Helitac 682
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Heard Helitac 681 do a radio check with 6AR this morning. Sounds like she is comissioned and ready to go.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

Last edited by TheDoctor on Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-TheDoctor
Nathan127
Amateur callsign: Rookie
Scanners and Receivers: Nil Looking into getting them

Post by Nathan127 »

TheDoctor wrote:
gkoutlis wrote:Heard Helitac 681 do a radio check with 6AR this morning. Sounds like she is comissioned and ready to go.

G
Negative, 681 is not yet ready. Still doesn't have a belly tank.

The Belly Tank Was Put On Yesterday Afternoon Then Did some Training
Nathan
To keep work happy: Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views of my employer or any of their clients.

TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

Last edited by TheDoctor on Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-TheDoctor
Helitac668
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden ubc93xlt

Post by Helitac668 »

G'day all.
HELIWEST [url]http://www.heliwest.com.au/services/aerial_fire_suppression.html[/url] wrote:Heliwest currently has a Bell 212 twin engine medium lift helicopter immediately available for fire support operations in Western Australia.
Recently I was down at Jandakot Airport and as I drove past Heliwest I noticed that a Bell 212 was fitted with a belly tank system. Upon research on the Heliwest website I fount this page http://www.heliwest.com.au/services/aer ... ssion.html. With the Helitac season approaching and seeing that Heliwest will be operating an Air-Intel chopper (BO-105), does anyone know wether Heliwest will be operating their fire suppression Helicopter this year?

It would be interesting to see 4x AS350 B3's, Bell 212, BO-105 (Air intel), 2x S61's, 611 (if still contracted) and HA's air attack (if still contracted) all in flight together.
Helitak_670
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Helitak_670 »

681 arrived with the belly tank fitted this year. The snorkel was fitted and they were doing test suck and drops yesterday. The radio check would have been after they installed the radio into the helicopter. The contract does not start until the 1st Dec. The Bell 212 has been sitting with a Belly tank for a while now. I will ask someone on Monday if they know any more.
pacestick
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: Pro handheld scanner
Bearcat scanner
Wuoxun

Post by pacestick »

I just herd on the News we are getting "ëlvis" or the same type of bird Unsure of the Official name I think its a sky crane?

Edit:
I just came accross this.
http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/br ... ire-front/
Volunteer BFS.
VK6FIRE
dlcat1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dlcat1 »

pacestick wrote:I just herd on the News we are getting "ëlvis" or the same type of bird Unsure of the Official name I think its a sky crane?

Edit:
Useless trivia: Skycrane was the original type name for the s64 and NSW has leased a maroon and white one called rocky, but all the orange ones are operated by Erickson Aircrane who now have the type licence and call them Aircranes. Pretty sure the specs for both are so similar it doesn't make a difference on the fireground.

Glad it is going to get used. Could not for the life of me see it getting used over here this year, so so wet.
hold3n
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by hold3n »

dlcat1 wrote:
pacestick wrote:I just herd on the News we are getting "ëlvis" or the same type of bird Unsure of the Official name I think its a sky crane?

Edit:
Useless trivia: Skycrane was the original type name for the s64 and NSW has leased a maroon and white one called rocky, but all the orange ones are operated by Erickson Aircrane who now have the type licence and call them Aircranes. Pretty sure the specs for both are so similar it doesn't make a difference on the fireground.

Glad it is going to get used. Could not for the life of me see it getting used over here this year, so so wet.
What's the call sign e.g. vh*** ?
I AM IN NO WAY AFFILIATED WITH DFES OR BFB
Closing the door for a while.
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

hold3n wrote:What's the call sign e.g. vh*** ?
It has the registration "N179AC".
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.