Helitak Thread

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

BuddahFRS
150+ posts
150+ posts

Re: Helitak Thread

Post by BuddahFRS »

----BUDDAH VFRS----
kyeboi
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: UNIDEN UBC355XLT

Post by kyeboi »

none of those dude
Helitak_670 wrote:Helitac 348 C-GJQE S61-N c/n 61703 of Coulson Helicopters does not have a water tank, so I dare say that it has a Bambi Bucket. I have no idea where the helicopter is based, however I would sure like to know where. This is the ALL YELLOW helicopter
pretty sure it was probably this one i think it did look like it had a bucket !!

kyeboi
KyeBoi

Yanchep VFRS
dlcat1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dlcat1 »

BuddahFRS wrote:does anyone have any pics of these new type 1's ...

are these it or not?
I think this is the yellow one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Gx1JSZEYrc
Infernal
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBC60XLT

Post by Infernal »

BuddahFRS wrote:does anyone have any pics of these new type 1's had a look on google and found these
http://www.google.com.au/imgres?imgurl= ... x=86&ty=80

http://www.google.com.au/imgres?imgurl= ... x=66&ty=79

http://forums.airshows.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=19145

are these it or not?

They are not new, they got sent over from VIC to help out here for a bit

I see 682's tank is on the ground at HA
Helitak_670
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Helitak_670 »

Currently sitting outside Helicopters Australia is 3 S61's. Helitac 681,682, 347. Looks pretty impressive to see all the helicopters lined up. Would be more impressive to see them all up in the air together.
melg

Post by melg »

Helitaks are currently at Bells Rapids Brigadoon for a fire that started approx 5.15pm this arvo
kylep
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by kylep »

nachoman
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by nachoman »

Helitak video from Wireless Hill (not mine)

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php ... 3650610711
robbage
Amateur callsign: VK6UFO_VK6RN
Scanners and Receivers:  
Scanners/receivers
Diamond Welz WS1000 wideband handheld
Radioshack Pro 28 handheld
Uniden UBC72XLT handheld
Uniden UBC73XLT handheld
Uniden UBC330CRS desktop

Two-way
Yaesu VX-3R 2m/70cm Ham TRX and wideband RX handheld
Yaesu FT-1802M 2m Ham TRX mobile x 2
Yaesu FT-7800R 2m/70cm Ham TRX and wide band RX mobile
Icom IC-208H 2m/70cm Ham TRX and wide band RX mobile
Icom IC-706MKIIG all-band all-mode Ham TRX mobile
Icom IC-V85 2m VHF Ham TRX handheld
Wouxun KG-UVD1P VHF/UHF wideband Ham TRX handheld
Wouxun KG-679P VHF wideband Ham TRX handheld
Wouxun KG-713 UHF wideband Ham TRX handheld

Post by robbage »

Apparently you need a facebook account to view
Rob
OF78WD
 Amateur moderator
Arguing with a fool proves there are two
illusion

Post by illusion »

I guess the helitacks are just about done for this fire season just seen 681 with no rotars and no tail rotars been towed down the road in north freo I got a pic will post up later
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

My understanding is they finished last Friday (15/4/11). Nothing official from FESA, but they were turned out to a job on Friday, then requested for a job on Saturday and advised they were unavailable.
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!
best job

Post by best job »

Correct- helitacs finished for the season on friday, a bit early i think. the fixed wings will be available until the end of the month.
dlcat1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dlcat1 »

I guess they are going on contract somewhere else, so the contract here can't be extended. :( I've been meaning to say the dark blue S61 was used over here a month or so back to airlift campers out of Wilson's Prom when heavy storms washed the road down the mountain away.
Helitak_670
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Helitak_670 »

There was a massive party on the weekend at Helicopters Aust for the end of the season.
Geoff

Post by Geoff »

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/breaking/10380283/high-tech-copter-a-4m-firefighter/ wrote:The Fire and Emergency Services Authority will get a state-of-the-art $4 million aerial command and control helicopter with the latest technology to battle the upcoming fire season.

The twin-engine B105 Eurocopter, originally designed as a military tank-buster, will be supplied by Heliwest on a six-year contract and will give FESA unprecedented communications and detection capability to prevent fires such as the Kelmscott-Roleystone blaze that destroyed 71 homes in February.

Heliwest chief executive David Grimes said the B105 was a "very robust and stable machine".

The helicopter will be fitted with about $2 million worth of high-tech surveillance equipment, such as a WesCam MX-15i forward looking infra-red high definition camera, laser mapping and a microwave transmitter with a 200km range.

FESA air operations manager Peter Saint said the camera would give crews the ability to see through smoke and send a broadcast-quality video to headquarters.

"We will be able to see fire crews and the public under threat through the smoke," Mr Saint said.

"The integrated mapping capability enables us to identify the number and street of properties under threat and that is broadcast in real time to ground teams.

"A laser mapping function will also enable us to transmit the precise location of the fire front and broadcast that directly to FESA's command centres and overlay on situation maps in real time."

The B105 also has satellite email capability to send critical mapping files to other agencies.

Mr Grimes said the helicopter is being fitted out to the same capability as US military helicopters used in Afghanistan.

Heliwest chief pilot Ashley Williams said the B105 was very agile but stable.

"It is the same as used by Red Bull, although ours is more powerful," Mr Williams said.

The helicopter is being readied for its fit-out with optical equipment, which is due to arrive next week, and will be operational by December 1.

FESA's new chief executive Wayne Gregson, addressing the community development and justice standing committee on fire preparedness yesterday, produced telephone records backing up Police Commissioner Karl O'Callaghan's account of when he was contacted by FESA about the February 6 bushfires.

Mr Gregson also confirmed that FESA would implement an inter-agency web-based communications system allowing all agencies to operate from the same incident running sheet.
"We will be able to see fire crews and the public through the smoke.""FESA air operations manager *Peter Saint *

Geoff