General fire discussions

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

gkoutlis

Re: General fire discussions

Post by gkoutlis »

Not sure whats happening up the road on St.Georges Tce (west bound) - 14:20 Perth 3rd went Firecall and 3 mins later the Perth TTL went Firecall and now another - think Perth 2nd??

Any news on whats happening?

UPDATE: 14:35 - SJA Priority One - Central crew west bound on St.Georges Tce.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
ace of spades

Post by ace of spades »

Appears to be a smoke filled computer room in one of the buildings. 23 floors up
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

ace of spades wrote:Appears to be a smoke filled computer room in one of the buildings. 23 floors up
Many thanks for that Ace - any ideas as to which building it is, I think there is QV1 up that end and a few others...

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
ace of spades

Post by ace of spades »

no sorry mate never caught it
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

ace of spades wrote:no sorry mate never caught it
Thanks anyway - hoping someone will shed some light on this one :)

G

UPDATE: - Found the news link, don't know how accurate it is... - http://www.thewest.com.au/default.aspx? ... tID=149105
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

WPXZBP wrote:Until the official word has been given by the FIO no further discussion on the cause will be made. Any speculation will not assist the thread so therefore consider this part of the discussion closed and any posts to the contrary will be deleted.

'Nuff sed!
7 News has just reported that the official investigation into the Maddington petrol fire revealed that the fire was due to a static discharge, not by someone smoking.
Bigfella78

Post by Bigfella78 »

I thought they said it was the first fire of its kind in Western Australia??
A52

"Just because your paranoid doesn't mean their not following you"
yorky

Post by yorky »

Bigfella78 wrote:I thought they said it was the first fire of its kind in Western Australia??
From 1:30, "First major fire that he is aware of in Australia."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=487k79BGCC4
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

gkoutlis wrote:
ace of spades wrote:no sorry mate never caught it
Thanks anyway - hoping someone will shed some light on this one :)

G

UPDATE: - Found the news link, don't know how accurate it is... - http://www.thewest.com.au/default.aspx? ... tID=149105
G

Server room caught fire in Chevron...
I've closed the door!
treeny
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by treeny »

from what i have been told a piece of equipment that hadnt come on for a while suddenly came on and the dust that had collected in it was smoking so someone started to panic and set off the fire alarm. its amazing how many resources were thrown at it. makes me wonder whats stored in that building that we dont know about......
MELVILLE 80
The worst in nature brings out the best in us! STATE EMERGENCY SERVICE WE SERVE
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

treeny wrote:from what i have been told a piece of equipment that hadnt come on for a while suddenly came on and the dust that had collected in it was smoking so someone started to panic and set off the fire alarm. its amazing how many resources were thrown at it. makes me wonder whats stored in that building that we dont know about......
lots of people.. high-rise building... fairly standard response I would say.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

I agree.

It's better having multi-trucks turning out and being stood down(down grading) than having to wait if it was an 8-8 code.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Getting to know the crew of Perth 1st very well today - our Building AMP had 2 DBA's again today - the latest one this arvo around 12:50pm - almost turned into a Evac by unknown alarm.

Perth 1st also responded early this morning at 06:38 for a DBA.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

I was at the Traffic Lights cnr South Street & Railway road going home...

I believe it was Perth2nd under firecall conditions absolute freaked the P - Plater driver after giving the horn a good 10sec blast!

I so had to smile when she moved the car & stalled! #-o Not once, but twice!
I've closed the door!
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

written_ficton wrote:I so had to smile when she moved the car & stalled! #-o Not once, but twice!
That's a little unkind don't you think? The poor girl was probably scared out of her wits.
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.