General fire discussions

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

gkoutlis

Re: General fire discussions

Post by gkoutlis »

Mug wrote:
gkoutlis wrote:Fair bit of smoke from the south side this arvo.

G
Yep there is a fire in the hills that I can see, not sure where though.
Had a collegue say there was a fire at the Airport - around the bush (not sure exactly) - ???

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

dunno about the airport but there looked to be one around Maida Vale area, maybe Forrestfield/ High Wycombe.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
brocks

Post by brocks »

dec had a large burn on wednesday near mundaring weir was putting up alot of smoke maybe this is what you could see from the hills sawyers valley was turned out but it was smoke from the burn
Mug
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93xlt

Post by Mug »

brocks wrote:dec had a large burn on wednesday near mundaring weir was putting up alot of smoke maybe this is what you could see from the hills sawyers valley was turned out but it was smoke from the burn
Probably that. It was somewhere round there I reckon.
¡¡¡ʎɐq-ǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq oʇ ƃuıoƃ ɯı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
treeny
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by treeny »

Does anyone know is Tom Price VFRS still have the MAN crew cab truck that they had in 2003. it looks like an awesome appliance.

here's a link to a pic http://www.nachohat.org/albums/voluntee ... CT0020.jpg
MELVILLE 80
The worst in nature brings out the best in us! STATE EMERGENCY SERVICE WE SERVE
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by 4353 »

Im surprised no one listed this one.

Fire at a canningvale recycling plant.

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0 ... 61,00.html
RIP
wasaint
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by wasaint »

Still going as we speak !!!!
I would say that there would be at least another days work there on top of todays efforts
Chooky

Post by Chooky »

Lol, i posted the following in 3rd Alarm & Above Stuctural Fires about 4mins after your post 4353. I was there this morning, the building was totally destroyed and they will definately be there till tonight / tomorrow morning.

Post subject: Re: Major structure fires (3rd alarm and above) 2008/2009Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:06 am

4th alarm structural fire at South East Metropolitan Recycling Centre, Bannister Rd, Canningvale around 1am this morning. Not to sure the exact shifts as i attended on Jandakot LT2 after 4am in the morning:

FRS

Fremantle 1st? Pump / LT
Fremantle CLP
Welshpool 1st? Pump / LT
Canningvale Pump / LT

BFS

Jandakot 9.2
Jandakot LT2
South Coogee 2.4
South Coogee LT

Us bushies were called in at 4:13am to protect outlying bush around the site for any debris thrown up when the structure collapsed. The structure was still standing as of 7:00am although totally gutted and millions dollars worth of damage ( Sorry, didn't get any photos.... ). We were stood down not long after this.

8:30 - 9:00 FRS calling in more units from Midland, Daglish and crew change from Welshpool.

9:05 Jandakot 9.2 returning to C/Vale
FCO Jandakot VBFB
Chooky

Post by Chooky »

Check this story out from The West, its got a picture of the fire on it.

http://www.thewest.com.au/default.aspx? ... tID=145166
FCO Jandakot VBFB
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Alot of FRS trucks going Firecall on Orrong Rd, Carlisle - anyone hear anything about where they are heading to?

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
wasaint
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by wasaint »

Belmont had 2nd alarm scrub down graded to 1st alarm and now whelshpool 2nd who were backing them is now on route to out of controll burn in crystal brook rd whelshpool

Regards
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

wasaint wrote:Belmont had 2nd alarm scrub down graded to 1st alarm and now whelshpool 2nd who were backing them is now on route to out of controll burn in crystal brook rd whelshpool

Regards
Many thanks 8)

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Chooky wrote:Lol, i posted the following in 3rd Alarm & Above Stuctural Fires about 4mins after your post 4353. I was there this morning, the building was totally destroyed and they will definately be there till tonight / tomorrow morning.

Post subject: Re: Major structure fires (3rd alarm and above) 2008/2009Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:06 am

4th alarm structural fire at South East Metropolitan Recycling Centre, Bannister Rd, Canningvale around 1am this morning. Not to sure the exact shifts as i attended on Jandakot LT2 after 4am in the morning:

FRS

Fremantle 1st? Pump / LT
Fremantle CLP
Welshpool 1st? Pump / LT
Canningvale Pump / LT

BFS

Jandakot 9.2
Jandakot LT2
South Coogee 2.4
South Coogee LT

Us bushies were called in at 4:13am to protect outlying bush around the site for any debris thrown up when the structure collapsed. The structure was still standing as of 7:00am although totally gutted and millions dollars worth of damage ( Sorry, didn't get any photos.... ). We were stood down not long after this.

8:30 - 9:00 FRS calling in more units from Midland, Daglish and crew change from Welshpool.

Any more updates into this one? Is the fire still going?
G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

treeny
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by treeny »

i was wondering what the plethora of sirens i heard in the early hours of the morning were. im not far from the site and i had the smell of smoke wafting through my open bedroom window. anyone know the fireground channel?
MELVILLE 80
The worst in nature brings out the best in us! STATE EMERGENCY SERVICE WE SERVE
Chooky

Post by Chooky »

gkoutlis wrote:
Chooky wrote:Lol, i posted the following in 3rd Alarm & Above Stuctural Fires about 4mins after your post 4353. I was there this morning, the building was totally destroyed and they will definately be there till tonight / tomorrow morning.

FRS

Fremantle 1st? Pump / LT
Fremantle CLP
Welshpool 1st? Pump / LT
Canningvale Pump / LT

BFS

Jandakot 9.2
Jandakot LT2
South Coogee 2.4
South Coogee LT

Any more updates into this one? Is the fire still going?
G
Fires still smouldering away and a FRS expect to be there for another 12 to 18 hours. I went back for a second shift this arvo, FRS had called in bulk water tankers from Jandakot 9.2 ( unit i was on this arvo ), Gosnell's 7.2 and Oakfords new beast. All they could do was saturate the fire with water from ground monitors shooting killfire foam. The roof had collasped and it was still to dangerous to venture inside. They were actually pre-mixing the killfire foam into a collar tank connected to the pumpers then onto the ground monitors.

Command channel for Bannister Rd was 96 when i was there today. Don't know how much chatter will be on there, as the game plan wasn't really changing.

Chook
FCO Jandakot VBFB