General fire discussions

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

wascanner

Re: General fire discussions

Post by wascanner »

Dont know if this has been mentioned. But Perth Fire Station has an extra series 4 Pumper. I believe this is the new HP which is replacing the series 3 HP. It has been sitting in one of the the bays alongside Perth 2nd and Perth 3rd for weeks now. Also i havent the CLP seems to be still at the workshops as i have only seen TTL03 sitting at the station for weeks on its own at the moment.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

CLP is at the workshops, TTL03 has arrived back as of last week... The intrim they were running a LT with a 9ft ladder
I've closed the door!
observer
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by observer »

written_ficton wrote:CLP is at the workshops, TTL03 has arrived back as of last week... The intrim they were running a LT with a 9ft ladder
You sure about this? I find this very hard to believe.

wascanner, no such thing as a series 3 HP. The current (old)HP are refered as series 1 HP, the new ones series 2 HP.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

observer wrote:
written_ficton wrote:CLP is at the workshops, TTL03 has arrived back as of last week... The intrim they were running a LT with a 9ft ladder
You sure about this? I find this very hard to believe.

wascanner, no such thing as a series 3 HP. The current (old)HP are refered as series 1 HP, the new ones series 2 HP.
It was reported in the West Australian, with a picture of a LT with a ladder on the back was their intrim measure...
I've closed the door!
observer
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by observer »

So you honestly believe that if a CLP or a TTL was required that they would turn out a LT with a 9ft ladder on the back? Do you think it may have been more plausible that the photo was staged to highlight the issues. There is no way that a LT with a 9ft ladder on the back would EVER be turned out.

By the way the article never said a LT would turn out with a 9ft extension ladder on it, there was only a photo of this. It stated that there is only a 9ft extension ladder avaliable in the CBD. These ladders are carried on the pumps.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Easy on.....

I just remember seeing the report in West Australian with a picture of the LT and a ladder on the back....
I've closed the door!
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Saw the TTL today driving past the St John's training centre on Hay street today. Didn't see the CLP when I walked past the station.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by 4353 »

Man that rain/wind was awesome, living right on the coast the house shook like i was in kansas

Now multiple alarms going off, rain storm damage.
RIP
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

4353 wrote:Man that rain/wind was awesome, living right on the coast the house shook like i was in kansas

Now multiple alarms going off, rain storm damage.
From the 14th floor of AMP - you could see the wind just pounding the rain into the Buildings... Impressive to watch on the B.O.M weather radar.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by 4353 »

SES required at irwin street roof is blown off or seriously damaged.think i heard perth 1st or 3rd on scene.
RIP
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

4353 wrote:SES required at irwin street roof is blown off or seriously damaged.think i heard perth 1st or 3rd on scene.

Bit more of that here - http://www.thewest.com.au/default.aspx? ... tID=143149 - apparantly 6 cars were damaged?

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
melg

Post by melg »

That is the car park at Perth Fire Station
Magnus
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Magnus »

Looks like the roof came off the YAL building which houses Gilkison Dance Studio and the YAL museum
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Fair bit of smoke from the south side this arvo.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

Mug
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93xlt

Post by Mug »

gkoutlis wrote:Fair bit of smoke from the south side this arvo.

G
Yep there is a fire in the hills that I can see, not sure where though.
¡¡¡ʎɐq-ǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq oʇ ƃuıoƃ ɯı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ