General fire discussions

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

Sinbin

Re: General fire discussions

Post by Sinbin »

does anyone have any info on guildford brigade? what appliances do they have atm and who is there captain now?
cheers
ex guildford FRS
Bunbury VFRS
CP11 & LT300
Sinbin

Post by Sinbin »

cheers for that good to know the captain that was there when i was has gone.
and they still have that little mazda pump lol was a pain to drive to Albany in that a few years ago
Bunbury VFRS
CP11 & LT300
BFB LT1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by BFB LT1 »

hahaha just herd perth 2nd ask 6IP if any streets in Nth Bridge were blocked 2nite answer was Negative James st was totally blocked and could not get through don't know whats going on their!!!!!
Crippled
Sinbin

Post by Sinbin »

Jame St has always been closed on NYE to allow the big street party that they like to put on. I thought 6AR would have known that
Bunbury VFRS
CP11 & LT300
BFB LT1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by BFB LT1 »

very true i throught they would know that very poor from 6IAR really
Crippled
Enviro

Post by Enviro »

BFB LT1 wrote:very true i throught they would know that very poor from 6IAR really
not comm centres issue to know of road closure since they would have a list a mile long for the whole state.

It comes down to the individual stations and them knowing there response area and the piss poor effort by whoever is doing the traffic management as they should notify all emergency services of road closures
wasaint
150+ posts
150+ posts

Re: Significant bush/scrub fires 2008/2009

Post by wasaint »

[quote="MBFB"]what brigades have been called to the fire cause theres like 60 personal there[/quote]
beleive me the stupid part is that not all of the local brigades have been called i thibk there maybe some politics at work
MBFB

Post by MBFB »

haha lol yeh id say i can here that on my scanner gosnells have been called wouldnt mandogalup be closer and kwinana south even oakford have been called out and theres brigades closer
munchkin1981
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by munchkin1981 »

gosnells is closer trust me
MBFB

Post by MBFB »

ok i thought mandogalup or kwinana south would be closer but still oakford is there and mandogalup is closer im sure of it
wasaint
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by wasaint »

[quote="MBFB"]haha lol yeh id say i can here that on my scanner gosnells have been called wouldnt mandogalup be closer and kwinana south even oakford have been called out and theres brigades closer[/quote]

there are even closer brigades and one is a Armadale shire brigade and they still have not been called .
as for gosnells they are closer than mandogalup and were called for there 7.2 firstup but ended up sending everything
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

wasaint wrote:
MBFB wrote:haha lol yeh id say i can here that on my scanner gosnells have been called wouldnt mandogalup be closer and kwinana south even oakford have been called out and theres brigades closer

there are even closer brigades and one is a Armadale shire brigade and they still have not been called .
as for gosnells they are closer than mandogalup and were called for there 7.2 firstup but ended up sending everything
Didn't Bedfordale get called early in the piece? Pretty sure I heard them.. Roleystone also..
Mug
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93xlt

Post by Mug »

Hasn't Maddington been turned out yet?
¡¡¡ʎɐq-ǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq oʇ ƃuıoƃ ɯı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
qr07

Post by qr07 »

incedent controller has requested that the 2Helitaks that have been released to another fire be called back as no one told him and has now just said let them go hmmm im thinking politics AGLOW in this area