General fire discussions

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

jezza

Re: General fire discussions

Post by jezza »

Is this part of the new On-Road driving course? If so, I'm there! 8)
Kempa

Post by Kempa »

this will be driver training for the current school that is going through atm. first real taste for most of having to negotiate traffic and manouver through intersections
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

do they do it in real road conditions like how the Police do P2 training? It would be great as I would like a 'controlled' enviroment is nothing compared to the 'real' environment that we all see on today's roads
I've closed the door!
Infernal
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBC60XLT

Post by Infernal »

From what i could see, trying to look over the Mound of dirt, there were some fire trucks going fire call, and some just driving around slowly

There was also a selection of Cars driving round, and some trucks
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Kwinana Fwy looks like it's in for more trouble this afternoon - Southbound - Truck Rollover - http://standards.mainroads.wa.gov.au/NR ... ions.asp?7

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
Kempa

Post by Kempa »

i think the way legislation states it a police vehicle is always an emergency vehicle where as a fire truck is only an emergency vehicle when its responding to an incident where life is reasonably considered to be in danger. therefore they cant just flick on the lights and cruise around on public roads like the for training where as i suppose the police can.
dlcat1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dlcat1 »

SgtSeedy wrote:
dlcat1 wrote:I actually saw a DEC HD and LT over at Lysterfield NP (in Melbourne) last week. Travelling in convoy with a CFA staff car, CFS 3.4R, DSE LT and 3.4R, a Tasmanian Fire Service Prototype 1.4 and a bunch of support and transport units. (I'm guessing on the types here and no pics. Was on my bike.) I figured it was a very long way for the DEC units to have come....
The DEC and CFS trucks travelled over east as part of a trial to see which vehicles and their components and capabilitiies are best for fighting fires in the East Gippsland area for the DSE (Department of Sustainability and Environment). It's good to know that government environmental agencies are in talks with each other in terms of appliances etc etc...

ill post some pics i received in the "picture thread"..
Just found a video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFsskoiGfqY
BuddahFRS
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by BuddahFRS »

AO11912 wrote:I can see, and hear FESA Doing driver training at the RAC track, looks like they have enlisted some cars and trucks to drive slowley round the course while some operate on fire call, from what I can see there are some light tankers, light pumpers, medium/heavy pumps, and a Set or the ICV truck
a few weeks ago i was there with my mate doing V8 Supercar hot laps. and while we were there. there was about 8 BFS light tankers from North Metro and the Hills doing this training.
----BUDDAH VFRS----
philby
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by philby »

Anyone got a for water schematic for a light tanker, Mark 3 I think. Having a few dramas with my work one.
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

philby wrote:Anyone got a for water schematic for a light tanker, Mark 3 I think. Having a few dramas with my work one.
Will look at the Station for you.
philby
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by philby »

This is a good idea!
http://www.emergalert.com.au/Pages/Product/index.htm
It would only work for people tuned to radio stations but its a start!
dlcat1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dlcat1 »

Now you just need one to interrupt ipods and other personal daydream devices.
colin
150+ posts
150+ posts
Amateur callsign: VK6FITN
Scanners and Receivers: RTL2832U with RTL_Airband
Tait 8200

Post by colin »

HeHeHe.... What about one that can be heard by someone listening on a scanner....
observer
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by observer »

That product has been around for some time now. It was developed by a couple of f/f in Victoria. They trialled it at a couple of stations in the 90's but for some reason or another (can not remember exactly) it has never taken off.
dlcat1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dlcat1 »

written_ficton wrote:
yorky wrote:Unsure of alarm but I would guess at least 3rd, not sure if its Orange Springs but Wanneroo ICV turning out up that way as well as other appliances (heard the 12.2 go out).

Can see a huge amount of smoke to the north.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/deadly- ... 6167925159
Winds in the area travelling at "700m per hour" I know they meant the fire and didn't pick it up before posting it, but I really get annoyed when simple mistakes that could confuse go to press.

My thoughts with everyone up there tonight.