General fire discussions

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

gkoutlis

Re: General fire discussions

Post by gkoutlis »

Just heard on 6AR a Gingin 2.4 HSR being back online and available. Is this a new Pump?

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
Smokey

Post by Smokey »

The series 1 HSR's formally known as GPA's are now called 2.4 HSR's.
Would be there normal vehicle, possibly was getting serviced or repaired and is now back online.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Smokey wrote:The series 1 HSR's formally known as GPA's are now called 2.4 HSR's.
Would be there normal vehicle, possibly was getting serviced or repaired and is now back online.
Thanks Smokey.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

And for those playing at home:

GPA = General Purpose Appliance ( http://www.fesa.wa.gov.au/internet/?Men ... tentID=265 )
HSR = Hazmat/Structural/Rescue ( http://www.fesa.wa.gov.au/internet/?Men ... tentID=547 )
2.4 = 2000L (approx) of water, 4 wheel drive
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Perth 2nd enroute to man Joondalup Station.

By the sounds of things, quite a few fires around.

Joondalup and Butler are off at a 2nd alarm - didn't catch where though. Sounds like Quinns Rocks LT's heading there too..
UPDATE 13:08 - Daglish 2nd Pump and LT - arrived on fireground making contact with Joondalup.

Armadale 1st and Canningvale 2.4 heading to a scrub fire in Forrestdale.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Fremantle Pump and LT and Fremantle CPL enroute to Forrestfield for Training.

Perth 2nd enroute to Standby at Butler Fire Station.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

Helitak_670
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Helitak_670 »

All the FRS boys are progressively doing training at the training centre at Forrestfield.
pacestick
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: Pro handheld scanner
Bearcat scanner
Wuoxun

Post by pacestick »

https://internet.fesa.wa.gov.au/mediare ... um=twitter

This is to do with the Vic Report and what FESA are doing.
Volunteer BFS.
VK6FIRE
philby
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by philby »

auntys_eyes wrote:And for those playing at home:

GPA = General Purpose Appliance ( http://www.fesa.wa.gov.au/internet/?Men ... tentID=265 )
HSR = Hazmat/Structural/Rescue ( http://www.fesa.wa.gov.au/internet/?Men ... tentID=547 )
If you ask any station that has a 2.4 HSR and they will tell you they are a 1.4 HSR ATM #-o
Its because of a overweight issue. They have to drop out some water and only run with 4 crew in the Cab.
BuddahFRS
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by BuddahFRS »

philby wrote:
auntys_eyes wrote:And for those playing at home:

If you ask any station that has a 2.4 HSR and they will tell you they are a 1.4 HSR ATM #-o
Its because of a overweight issue. They have to drop out some water and only run with 4 crew in the Cab.
Currently the Series 1 HSR's are over weight. We are only allowed to have 4 people in the truck. hence why we still have the 3rd lt.
The HSR's are going into work shops to have a bladder inserted into the tanks to drop the water from 1800L to 1400L. once that is done we can go back to 6 crew.

unsure about the series 2 HSR's but they are rebuilding the HSR's to fit onto a 800 isuzu to bring the weight up. to hold all the gear and a min of 2000L
----BUDDAH VFRS----
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

BuddahFRS wrote:unsure about the series 2 HSR's but they are rebuilding the HSR's to fit onto a 800 isuzu to bring the weight up. to hold all the gear and a min of 2000L
The Series 3 HSRs will more than likely be on the new chassis. Series 2 have changes made but stay on the existing chassis.
treeny
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by treeny »

Looks like a good fire goin over the top of the hills. DEC is doing community protection burns 8 km east of kalamunda and 5 km S/E of mundaring.
MELVILLE 80
The worst in nature brings out the best in us! STATE EMERGENCY SERVICE WE SERVE
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Could someone please list which units responded to the house fire in Darlington yesterday evening?
I've closed the door!
HL 101

Post by HL 101 »

Last edited by HL 101 on Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Have been listening for a while - Baldivis seem to be busy tonight - what was the job they went to?

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member