General fire discussions

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

gkoutlis

Re: General fire discussions

Post by gkoutlis »

Many thanks Chooky - was First Aid VFAS there?

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
Chooky

Post by Chooky »

Yeah, there were plenty of support services there, including what i saw:

St Johns Paramedics ( guessing vollie because he was just in a vehicle and not a post or ambulance )
Salvo's
FESA Chaplain
DEC - Pollution Emergency Response
Structural Engineers
WA Police
On site machinery
Foam Supplier / Contractor

Chook
FCO Jandakot VBFB
treeny
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by treeny »

I can confirm that there is 4 lighting plants on loan from the SES there. Melville's big bugger and some slightly smaller ones from other units. The request came through on Monday afternoon, they were refueled yesterday arvo and they were due to be release some today.
MELVILLE 80
The worst in nature brings out the best in us! STATE EMERGENCY SERVICE WE SERVE
SmashedXR6T

Post by SmashedXR6T »

The BP Truck stop in Port Hedland went up in flames today!! the attaching caravan park and the walkaout hotel next door where evacuated and the planes at the airport across the road where grounded cos of the smoke. This is what i heard on the news, has anyone else got any info or photos???
Enviro

Post by Enviro »

SmashedXR6T wrote:The BP Truck stop in Port Hedland went up in flames today!! the attaching caravan park and the walkaout hotel next door where evacuated and the planes at the airport across the road where grounded cos of the smoke. This is what i heard on the news, has anyone else got any info or photos???
South Hedland, Port Hedland and BHP Nelson Point (or Point Nelson not sure which way).

Classified 3rd Alarm by DM, external fire fighting until contained then BA crews to overhaul incident. $1.5 million damage

Pictures available on perthnow.com
Enviro
Please consider the environment
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

Enviro wrote:
SmashedXR6T wrote:The BP Truck stop in Port Hedland went up in flames today!! the attaching caravan park and the walkaout hotel next door where evacuated and the planes at the airport across the road where grounded cos of the smoke. This is what i heard on the news, has anyone else got any info or photos???
South Hedland, Port Hedland and BHP Nelson Point (or Point Nelson not sure which way).

Classified 3rd Alarm by DM, external fire fighting until contained then BA crews to overhaul incident. $1.5 million damage

Nelson Point.

Is this the servo between Sth Hedland and Port on the left hand side?
SmashedXR6T

Post by SmashedXR6T »

Fastlane wrote:
Enviro wrote:

Nelson Point.

Is this the servo between Sth Hedland and Port on the left hand side?
your thinkn of the shell between south and port hedland, it's the bp by the airport on the great northern hwy (the road heading to broome)
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Alot of FRS trucks going Firec Call on Orrong Rd, Carlisle - anyone know what's happening?

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
meg
Amateur callsign: VK6LUX
Scanners and Receivers: Yaesu: FT990, FT857, FT7800, VX7R. Icom: ID800H. Old RS scanner.

Post by meg »

gkoutlis wrote:Alot of FRS trucks going Firec Call on Orrong Rd, Carlisle - anyone know what's happening?

G
I heard them too - but I don't know where they're headed.

WARSUG FESA and Scanning Special Events moderator
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

meg wrote:
gkoutlis wrote:Alot of FRS trucks going Firec Call on Orrong Rd, Carlisle - anyone know what's happening?

G
I heard them too - but I don't know where they're headed.

Thanks Meg - didn't have my scanner avail - but saw both within 2mins of each other - may have been Welsphool 1st and 2nd??? Just guessing - heading towards the city...

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

yorky

Post by yorky »

Don't quote me but I believe it was a DBA, false, somewhere in Belmont?
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

yorky wrote:Don't quote me but I believe it was a DBA, false, somewhere in Belmont?
Thanks Yorky :D

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

nra555
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by nra555 »

yorky wrote:Don't quote me but I believe it was a DBA, false
whats new
PRC-555
NRA-555

nra.org.au - join today to make UHF CB a more enjoyable band to use!
bombill

Post by bombill »

nra555,

How many of these DBAs are actual fires? I take it you have had some experince with these? Are you able to provide some insight into responding to DBAs? What goes on and what actually happens?

That would be great.

Thanks
Helitak_670
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Helitak_670 »

There was a article in the west not long ago about DBA's