General fire discussions

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

MBFB

Re: General fire discussions

Post by MBFB »

i didnt hear him properly he should report back soon
meg
Amateur callsign: VK6LUX
Scanners and Receivers: Yaesu: FT990, FT857, FT7800, VX7R. Icom: ID800H. Old RS scanner.

Post by meg »

MBFB wrote:i didnt hear him properly he should report back soon
I think that one is the one that's now being dealt with by both Mt Helena appliances and Deputy CFM Mundaring. Two ignition sources... the whole thing smells like a firebug.

WARSUG FESA and Scanning Special Events moderator
Helitak_670
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Helitak_670 »

I heard on the radio Mt helena were attending elliot rd x Silia Retreat
MBFB

Post by MBFB »

yeh id say.. Theres another fire reported in john forrest national park..
BFB LT1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by BFB LT1 »

sounds all like a fire bug to me too.
fire in mundaring yesterday had six ignition pionts.
Crippled
meg
Scanners and Receivers: Yaesu: FT990, FT857, FT7800, VX7R. Icom: ID800H. Old RS scanner.

Post by meg »

Stoneville 1 and 2 and Childlow LT en route to Irymple Rd Mt Helena

meg

Post by meg »

Helitak_670
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Helitak_670 »

Must be going pretty good then in Mt helena.
meg

Post by meg »

meg wrote:Stoneville 1 and 2 and Childlow LT en route to Irymple Rd Mt Helena
Under control and mopping up.

brocks

Post by brocks »

there where also 2 fires in parkerville as well carnt remember road names as i was at work listening to scanner,glad it was today and not yesterday wind up here was a lot calmer today was blowing a lot stronger yesterday,i hope they catch this piece excrement soon :evil:
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by 4353 »

Unless i miss understood seems to be 2 new fires just started.

Crews going to O'brian road and also Reserve Road
RIP
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

This is very disappointing - http://www.thewest.com.au/default.aspx? ... tID=141607 [-X

(Lets not turn this discussion into a flame war, as some do on here - the link is just more info from the cause of this weeks fires in the hills)

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
meg

Post by meg »

All I can say is I hope that the fire lighting stops.

Grrr.....

ace of spades

Post by ace of spades »

gkoutlis wrote:This is very disappointing - http://www.thewest.com.au/default.aspx? ... tID=141607 [-X

(Lets not turn this discussion into a flame war, as some do on here - the link is just more info from the cause of this weeks fires in the hills)

G
You are right there mate it is very dissapointing and someone in every fire service around Australia needs to wake up to themselves and have a look at this issue. The fact that Volunteer firefighters are suspected of and are charged with lighting fires cannot be disputed. Although the fact remains that this is still a minority of all volunteers, the majority of fires are being lit by volunteer Firefighters.

Volunteer firefighters have probably have had enough of the old joke 'Well you probably lit the thing' and I believe that they should stand up and take more onus on this issue because it just doesn't hurt one brigade it can hurt the whole volunteer firefighting community.

This is a sad blight on volunteers and everything needs to be done like bringing in more stringent testing, the better up keep of data to track fires and the more information sent out to brigades about how to detect someone, behaviour patterns that suggest that someone is lighting fires so that this can be brought to a stop.

Arson is one of the most hardest crimes to prosecute and as so people are getting away with it in my opinion scott free. Please all you firies out there if you suspect something or if you don't think something is right, stand up and say something so that something can be done because it is bad enough that you already go to fires that someone has lit but to go to fires that one of your fellow mates has lit is sickening. Once again this is a very small majority and in a moment like this, jo blow public always remeber the negatives and not the positives that you do.

Sorry for going slightly of topic
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by 4353 »

Well i hope the article thewest printed was wrong.

Otherwise all i can say is that if he was already charged with making false 000 calls in april one would hope he was suspended or expelled from the unit, the article gives the impression he is still "current" and not an ex-volunteer.

But glad he got caught.
RIP