General fire discussions

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Re: General fire discussions

Post by written_ficton »

yorky wrote:Yesterday afternoon when BFB LT1 posted there were large building storm clouds which I don't think amounted to much.

The smog is this mornings problem.
Sorry - i'm a day behind
I've closed the door!
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Folks in the shire of Mundaring:

Please be advised that pursuant to Section 17 and 18 of the Bush Fires Act 1954 (as amended) and due to seasonal conditions, the PROHIBITED BURNING TIMES for the Shire of Mundaring have been extended for fourteen (14) days from midnight on 27th of April 2009 until midnight the 11th of May 2009 inclusive.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
dlcat1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dlcat1 »

Tyranus wrote:Folks in the shire of Mundaring:

Please be advised that pursuant to Section 17 and 18 of the Bush Fires Act 1954 (as amended) and due to seasonal conditions, the PROHIBITED BURNING TIMES for the Shire of Mundaring have been extended for fourteen (14) days from midnight on 27th of April 2009 until midnight the 11th of May 2009 inclusive.
Had a lookie here http://www.eldersweather.com.au/raindates.jsp?lc=w00 and it doesn't really look great for rain up that way before the 20th of may or so.

Bit better down here but still not great. :smt004
brocks

Post by brocks »

does anyone known where 2helitacks and big yellow were today ,was in midland shopping and saw them comming back in formation from a north easterly direction at around 4.00pm :?:
yorky

Post by yorky »

Looking at the webtrak they were up at Morangup/Darling Range, if its the same AS50 that appeared to go over Midland, although it was only the one on the map.
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
Smithy
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Smithy »

fire in Morangup. adjacent to avon national park. think it was Morangup and quarry rds
dlcat1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dlcat1 »

Greater Perth might get a load of smoke some time tonight. DEC has some HRs down Manji/Walpole way and the smoke is moving through Bunbury.
hammer

Re: Major structure fires (3rd alarm and above) 2008/2009

Post by hammer »

BuddahFRS wrote:
melg wrote:I bet it's the Wesbeam factory again!

yep just confirmed

they do wood laminated beams etc using pine plantation wood. Same as last fire, spark has got into hopper that holds loads of saw dust
yeah it is that, they just did a sitrep over the radio

i work at wesbeam is there any way of hearing the call over the radio???? we only got 2 trucks to start with then all of a sudden we had 10 wanna hear the " holy heck we gonna need more trucks" is there any recordings????
melg

Post by melg »

I thought it was funny when 6AR said the elevated platform was comming from Fremantle (as in are you sure your gonna need it by the time it gets there).... the response was "yep keep it comming"
wascanner

Post by wascanner »

melg wrote:I thought it was funny when 6AR said the elevated platform was comming from Fremantle (as in are you sure your gonna need it by the time it gets there).... the response was "yep keep it comming"
it would have taken the CLP an hour to get to the scene from freo. Perth was closer supprised it diidnt get turned out instead.

On another note why doesnt fesa invest in an aerial capability for south and north of perth, because really IMO there seems to be one. It would take to long for the CLPs to get to an incident if there was a really serious need for it. Probably something like a TTL which would have no problems dealing with any structures in suburban centres like in joondalup for example where there are lots of structures between 15-30m.

BTW with Duncraig, Joondalup, Wangara and Butler turned out to that incident who covered for them just out of interest
melg

Post by melg »

from memory Daglish went to Joondalup, they must have got a call later as I heard Claremont being sent to Joondalup but they were stood down as Wangara was then able to cover.

I was also wondering where was the CLP from Perth?
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

The Perth CLP was probably too busy with something else (eg incident, training, servicing etc) hence the need to turn out Fremantle's CLP.
BuddahFRS
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by BuddahFRS »

melg wrote:from memory Daglish went to Joondalup, they must have got a call later as I heard Claremont being sent to Joondalup but they were stood down as Wangara was then able to cover.

I was also wondering where was the CLP from Perth?
as far as i recall the perth CLP and TTL are on restricted movement, i heard them say that on the radio this morning.
----BUDDAH VFRS----
scanner81
Banned

Post by scanner81 »

After reading the paper this morning i dont think perth had a CLP or TTL as they were both in at workshops
scanner81
Banned

Post by scanner81 »

Anyone know what was happening in Baldivis last night. The FRS and Police had the safety Bay X Eighty Rd intersection Plus another intersection in Settlers Hill Blocked off for Hours couldn't see what was going on though.