General fire discussions

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

WPXZBP

Re: General fire discussions

Post by WPXZBP »

CFRS has been used in WA Government budget papers.
treeny
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by treeny »

Reason behind the CFRS and VFRS is so we can tell if someone is talking about career or vollie firies. there is no need to say VSES or VBFS as SES and BFS are all vollies
MELVILLE 80
The worst in nature brings out the best in us! STATE EMERGENCY SERVICE WE SERVE
BFB LT1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by BFB LT1 »

Thats rite there is only FRS and Vollies they all have different names if its FRS VFRS BFS SES or what the ever ther are only 2 side FRS PAID and VOLLIES NOT PAID it is only a simple Abbreveation (sorry spelling) that we use that we all know what it means.
Crippled
chrissss

Re: Significant bush/scrub fires 2008/2009

Post by chrissss »

firecall?

Note from Admin - this and the following 4 posts have been moved from another thread as they were off topic.
BFB LT1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by BFB LT1 »

got paged as an A23 chrissss mate so yeah to me that lights and sirens bud you get paged????
MBFB

Post by MBFB »

kwinana south are under normal rd
BFB LT1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by BFB LT1 »

Correct makes me think is mop up now but we still got Paged as an A23!!!!!!!!!!!!!.........................
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

A23 means firecall? where'd you get that idea? It's just an identifier for your brigade so anyone that gets messages for all of the brigades in an area can tell who the page got sent to.. anyway, this is all off-topic for this thread... someone care to move?
kylep
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by kylep »

treeny wrote:Reason behind the CFRS and VFRS is so we can tell if someone is talking about career or vollie firies. there is no need to say VSES or VBFS as SES and BFS are all vollies
The point is, why the apparent need by all of you to separate Career FRS and Volunteer FRS. Anyone with enough interest knows or has a rough idea which stations and appliances are which, and it doesn't really matter what crew is on an appliance. The appliance and crew must be capable of handling the incident they are attending, so just identify the appliance or station.

Wes, I'll accept that they use the acronym in budget papers, but reports and papers of that kind often incent their own acronyms, and notate them in the paper. In an operational and naming sense the acronym to my knowledge is not used.

And I'll enforce the main point of my previous post:

The statement: "Kwinana dont have FRS, only VFRS. " Is incorrect. Yes, they are VFRS, but this does not mean they are not FRS, as they are.
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

kylep wrote:Anyone with enough interest knows or has a rough idea which stations and appliances are which, and it doesn't really matter what crew is on an appliance.
I disagree. I have an interest, but I wouldn't be able to tell you what stations have career vs volunteer FRS crews, with the exception of Bassendean. That's about the only one I know.

So, my question is - what's the harm in providing that extra bit of information, as to whether it was a career or a volunteer crew that was turned out? I'm sure there's enough space on the server that hosts the site to cope with an extra letter in an acronym (whether "official" or not), or an extra word in a post.
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Fastlane »

Zebedee wrote:
kylep wrote:Anyone with enough interest knows or has a rough idea which stations and appliances are which, and it doesn't really matter what crew is on an appliance.
I disagree. I have an interest, but I wouldn't be able to tell you what stations have career vs volunteer FRS crews, with the exception of Bassendean. That's about the only one I know.

So, my question is - what's the harm in providing that extra bit of information, as to whether it was a career or a volunteer crew that was turned out? I'm sure there's enough space on the server that hosts the site to cope with an extra letter in an acronym (whether "official" or not), or an extra word in a post.
By the same token, the new Volunteer appliances (ie, HSRs) has VFRS written on them, not just Fire & Rescue or FRS. That's pretty official....

(see for example, the pics here http://warsug.info/viewtopic.php?p=67900#p67900)
philby
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by philby »

Zebedee wrote:
IMHO Zebedee i think you would also reckonise guildford aswell because the perms union would not allow their members to drive and operate such slow useless piece of S*#t as the mazda LP.

but enough of this CFRS/VFRS stuff. We all do the same job. Vollies are just more dedicated, since they dont it for free :lol:
(just jokes CFRS people)
realfirie
Banned

Post by realfirie »

but enough of this CFRS/VFRS stuff. We all do the same job. Vollies are just more dedicated, since they dont it for free
Hey philby thats the way i use to think until someone said to me "Volllies only do it cause they lack the abilities to be able to do it professionally". So i guess it goes both ways
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Fastlane »

realfirie wrote:
but enough of this CFRS/VFRS stuff. We all do the same job. Vollies are just more dedicated, since they dont it for free
Hey philby thats the way i use to think until someone said to me "Volllies only do it cause they lack the abilities to be able to do it professionally". So i guess it goes both ways
mate, if you're going to quote what someone has said, make sure you quote the whole thing so its not taken out of context. It was clearly a joke and said as much, but you conveniently left that bit off.
philby
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by philby »

realfirie wrote:
I agree with you realfirie.
its about time vollies get the same level of training as you "professionals"
Like the set up Army reservist have. do the 3 month training. then and only then will we all be equal.