General fire discussions

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

Arrived4-4

Re: General fire discussions

Post by Arrived4-4 »

kyeboi wrote:just a quick question!!

my missus seen butler turning out today which is not unusual apart from there were 3 LTs behind the pump! anyone know why?

kyeboi
Could be Butler Pump LT LT2 Duncraig LT2
LighteningCrashes
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: Tait2020

Post by LighteningCrashes »

Mug
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93xlt

Post by Mug »

Interesting thing just heard

Rockingham 1st notifying 6ar of a man at an incident videoing. Say he was their before they arrived, and has arrived quickly to incidents before. Claim to be concerned he is monitoring "these radio channels". Police and FIO notified.

I have done some freelance photography work, often aided by info heard on the scanner. Is this somehow illegal?
¡¡¡ʎɐq-ǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq oʇ ƃuıoƃ ɯı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

Mug wrote:Is this somehow illegal?
Apparently not. This was discussed recently, see the following post; http://warsug.info/viewtopic.php?f=23&t ... al#p106175. Using info heard on a scanner is not in itself a problem, as long as you are not committing a criminal act in the execution of what ever it is you do with that information. Obviously if you are breaking a law or regulation, or ignore the direction of an Authorised Person that is a problem.
I believe the person that Rockingham 1st was referring to allegedly has a history of this sort of behaviour, and some people within DFES have made enquiries as to his credentials. The matter is being investigated.
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!
Mug
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Mug »

Interesting, so if he is found to have had nothing to do with starting the fires, he won't be charged with anything?
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

Mug wrote:Interesting, so if he is found to have had nothing to do with starting the fires, he won't be charged with anything?
My guess is that's exactly what they're concerned about, that this person is there for reasons other than just observing... If he has nothing to do with lighting the fire and isn't in anyone's way, I don't think there's anything to stop him videoing what's going on. But by showing up to multiple events with camera in hand, he's been 'noticed' that's all.
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

There are reports in the media that a 62 year old man has died in the Parkerville fires.

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/hovea ... 30ofh.html

Very sad. While loss of property is never good news, loss of life is so much worse.
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
auntys_eyes

Re: Major structure fires (3rd alarm+) 2013/14

Post by auntys_eyes »

ntilbury wrote:They base it on the number of pumps that where/are required. Hence you had pumps from Welshpool 1st and Belmont, therefore classified a 2nd Alarm. 3.4 and 2.4 aren't considered pumps.
Not entirely correct. Bush Fire brigades don't generally have 'pumps' but incidents are still classified under the 'alarm' system. I believe the term refers to stations (except where there are multiple facilities together, like Perth, Freo, Daglish, Welshpool etc). What you refer to above was probably actually a '2nd Alarm with additional resources'.
AusRover

Post by AusRover »

Aunties :)

Maybe its just me!:) But this whole "2nd alarm with extra resources" thing they seem so fond of these days somehow makes the whole alarm system, which is supposes to be simple, complicated! Maybe there is a lot more paperwork with third alarms. I know the cops try to keep things simple because of the mountains of paperwork involved the more complicated it gets. It's kinda exponential!
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

AusRover wrote:Aunties :)

Maybe its just me!:) But this whole "2nd alarm with extra resources" thing they seem so fond of these days somehow makes the whole alarm system, which is supposes to be simple, complicated! Maybe there is a lot more paperwork with third alarms. I know the cops try to keep things simple because of the mountains of paperwork involved the more complicated it gets. It's kinda exponential!
for 3rd alarm fires they send an ICV... so keeping it 2nd alarm when you don't need an ICV saves the high ups some hassle.
Nathan Fenn
WARSUG Aviation Band & Reviews Moderator

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!
SgtSeedy
Scanners and Receivers: 6AR
6IP
Ch11 (DEC)

Post by SgtSeedy »

AusRover wrote:Aunties :)

Welcome to DFES.... make simple things difficult!... no doubt some middle manager with nothing to do has thought of it.
Mug
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Mug »

Just heard Canning Vale turn out to a DBA in their district with Duncraig as backup? Is there some big incident going on that has occupied every station closer than Duncraig? Any other reason why this would be the case?
¡¡¡ʎɐq-ǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq oʇ ƃuıoƃ ɯı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

Mug wrote:Just heard Canning Vale turn out to a DBA in their district with Duncraig as backup? Is there some big incident going on that has occupied every station closer than Duncraig? Any other reason why this would be the case?
Sometimes when multiple stations are involved in group training or large exercises other resources get moved around the chess board.
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!
Gohie

Post by Gohie »

Just hearing of a lot of resources from Wanneroo turning out to staging point at Two Rocks station - does anyone have any information of what the incident and size of it at this stage?
matth2004
Amateur callsign: VK6MAH

Post by matth2004 »

Yep its level 2 fire gingin
Matt
VK6MAH