General fire discussions

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

kyeboi
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: UNIDEN UBC355XLT

Re: General fire discussions

Post by kyeboi »

any more info on fire on airfeilds road>???
KyeBoi

Yanchep VFRS
Helitak_670
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Helitak_670 »

pacestick
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: Pro handheld scanner
Bearcat scanner
Wuoxun

Post by pacestick »

http://www.mediastatements.wa.gov.au/Li ... fault.aspx

12 seacontainers have been set up for major incidents control seems like a good idea.
Volunteer BFS.
VK6FIRE
SgtSeedy
Scanners and Receivers: 6AR
6IP
Ch11 (DEC)

Post by SgtSeedy »

Nothing really new from DEC. They have had them for some time. Mainly based at DEC Wanneroo and Bunbury.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

I heard early this evening a "Maddington 3.4" crew asking to add it to the board.

6AR confirmed it as a 3.4 not 2.4 - are career stations now getting 3.4's for the Fire Season?

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
Helitak_670
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Helitak_670 »

Ellenbrook, maddington, and another station south for the fire season. Once it is over they then head to the pilbra before coming back down to the metro every year.
TLD11

Post by TLD11 »

gkoutlis wrote:I heard early this evening a "Maddington 3.4" crew asking to add it to the board.

6AR confirmed it as a 3.4 not 2.4 - are career stations now getting 3.4's for the Fire Season?

G
There were some new 3.4's (Hino's) at the workshop about a month back - though they were painted white! At the unvailing of the Headquarters at Cockburn on the 1st November/ change to DFES, there was a new Hino 3.4 parked out the front for show. It had written down the side "DFES 3.4" It was painted in career colours.
I think the station south getting the 3.4 would be Hope Valley.
best job

Post by best job »

Confirmed Maddington has a new 3.4 for summer. Hope Valley's should be ready soon, they're doing quals this week.
My understanding is Ellenbrook will man a 2nd LT for awhile yet.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Wow okay interesting - cheers for the info guys! :)

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
pacestick
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: Pro handheld scanner
Bearcat scanner
Wuoxun

Post by pacestick »

Mundaring Fire protection are they shire workers or DFES? ive seen and herd them the last few years but unsure who they actualy are can anyone shed some light?

Thanks in advance.
Volunteer BFS.
VK6FIRE
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

pacestick wrote:Mundaring Fire protection are they shire workers or DFES? ive seen and herd them the last few years but unsure who they actualy are can anyone shed some light?

Thanks in advance.
Pretty sure they are shire run - AE can probably back me up on that.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

Helitak_670
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Helitak_670 »

They are fully employed by the shire of mundaring. M-f and in the summer months are used as a initial response along side the other local brigades.
nra555
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by nra555 »

Wanneroo also have FPO (Fire protection officers) they are shire employees and responde in a wanneroo LT, though they will be getting their own vehicle shortly
PRC-555
NRA-555

nra.org.au - join today to make UHF CB a more enjoyable band to use!
SgtSeedy
Scanners and Receivers: 6AR
6IP
Ch11 (DEC)

Post by SgtSeedy »

The Fire Protection Officers were started by Local Governments after recommendations by the Roleystone Kelty report and also because DFES have/will be dispanding there bush fire mitigation group. It's going to be interesting to see how this works.

what's every one else's thoughts?
Helitak_670
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Helitak_670 »

Kalamunda have had theirs for years. Mundaring was next to jump onto it. I think they are a very valuable resource. I will refrain from posting about closing down the mitigation guys and girls.