General fire discussions

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

nachoman
150+ posts
150+ posts

Re: General fire discussions

Post by nachoman »

Photo of the fire on Canning Highway the other day (not mine, found via reddit)

http://www.dailytography.com/2012/03/fi ... g-hwy.html
TLD11

Post by TLD11 »

W F posted at 2.50pm on significant bushfires that Claremont, Perth 2nd, Success & Rocko called in to Banjup fire. Why wouldn't 6AR have called in Success first? - they are actually the closest CFRS station. I was listening briefly and i realise that Claremont was covering Canning vale FS and Perth 2nd was covering Armadale FS. Any ideas anyone?
ace of spades

Post by ace of spades »

TLD11 wrote:W F posted at 2.50pm on significant bushfires that Claremont, Perth 2nd, Success & Rocko called in to Banjup fire. Why wouldn't 6AR have called in Success first? - they are actually the closest CFRS station. I was listening briefly and i realise that Claremont was covering Canning vale FS and Perth 2nd was covering Armadale FS. Any ideas anyone?
They more than likely were already at the incident or at another incident thus unavailable
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

TLD11 wrote:W F posted at 2.50pm on significant bushfires that Claremont, Perth 2nd, Success & Rocko called in to Banjup fire. Why wouldn't 6AR have called in Success first? - they are actually the closest CFRS station. I was listening briefly and i realise that Claremont was covering Canning vale FS and Perth 2nd was covering Armadale FS. Any ideas anyone?
Don't drag the idea behind this thread to off topic. It's been said before, doesn't matter who is turned out, as long as we get the resources to the job.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
TLD11

Post by TLD11 »

I would have thought that people are interested in what appliance/station is turned out, otherwise they wouldn't post those specifics in their summaries of incidents. Don't know about anyone else but i'm interested in the allocation of man power & the logistics of the whole set up as it relates to my day job. Didn't think i was taking the General Fire Disussions thread off topic. Saying that, ace of spades answer is probably correct. Only looking for an answer, not to s^%t stir!
Wazza Y

Post by Wazza Y »

ace of spades wrote:
They more than likely were already at the incident or at another incident thus unavailable
Another possibility is after the amount of fires lit down that way yesterday they may have been worried that they might start a couple more so kept a few close brigades on standby just incase.
Enviro

Post by Enviro »

Midland responding to John Forrest National Park comment to com cent after turn out
"Can see smoke and this is gonna get big fast"
classic
Enviro
Please consider the environment
meg
Amateur callsign: VK6LUX
Scanners and Receivers: Yaesu: FT990, FT857, FT7800, VX7R. Icom: ID800H. Old RS scanner.

Post by meg »

I can see the smoke from the city - not huge...yet...

WARSUG FESA and Scanning Special Events moderator
Enviro

Post by Enviro »

meg wrote:I can see the smoke from the city - not huge...yet...
So i take it what your saying is Midland lied to us :D
Enviro
meg
Scanners and Receivers: Yaesu: FT990, FT857, FT7800, VX7R. Icom: ID800H. Old RS scanner.

Post by meg »

Enviro wrote:
LOL - no! It looks pretty big, but I have spotted bigger ones from here at work. Let's hope this doesn't turn into one of them :-)

I would definitely take the word of a firie who's eyeballed it up close!

Enviro

Post by Enviro »

meg wrote:
Enviro wrote:
LOL - no! It looks pretty big, but I have spotted bigger ones from here at work. Let's hope this doesn't turn into one of them :-)

I would definitely take the word of a firie who's eyeballed it up close!

Good to see your have a great sense of humour. DEC have taken over by the sounds of it and Midland have gone home
Enviro
meg

Post by meg »

Enviro wrote:DEC have taken over by the sounds of it and Midland have gone home
A workmate has just been upstairs to take another look and reckons the smoke has gone - fingers crossed!

Helitak_670
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Helitak_670 »

Still going good
Nathan127
Amateur callsign: Rookie
Scanners and Receivers: Nil Looking into getting them

Post by Nathan127 »

Heya Guys

Just Got Back From There Is Was A reasonably Small Helitacks Jumped On It Very Quickly And We Got It All Done And Dusted Its All In The Patrol Stage At The Moment
Nathan
To keep work happy: Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views of my employer or any of their clients.

written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Nathan127 wrote:Heya Guys

Just Got Back From There Is Was A reasonably Small Helitacks Jumped On It Very Quickly And We Got It All Done And Dusted Its All In The Patrol Stage At The Moment
Can Someone Let Us Know What Units Attended?