A reminder about Major Fire threads

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

meg
Amateur callsign: VK6LUX
Scanners and Receivers: Yaesu: FT990, FT857, FT7800, VX7R. Icom: ID800H. Old RS scanner.

A reminder about Major Fire threads

Post by meg »

Just bumping this as I'm already having to delete off-topic posts from the stickies...

--

Hi all,

As it looks like we're finally going to get a "summer", I thought it would be timely to remind everyone (and especially those who have just joined us!) that sticky threads on major and minor fires are only for reporting on the fires themselves.

Any chit chat should be taken to another thread.

The reason for this is that many users of the forum refer to here during fires for up-to-date information, often from mobile devices with small screens, miniscule bandwidth etc. It's really difficult if these threads are cluttered with opinions and other conversations not relating to the running of a fire.

I know I'm sometimes guilty of straying from this precept myself from time to time and I'm happy to be reminded if I do so again, so please everyone - lets all try and make sure that the major fire stickies contain information relating to any current fires and any chatter on related topics is taken to another thread.

Thanks all! :)

Meg

WARSUG FESA and Scanning Special Events moderator
meg
Amateur callsign: VK6LUX
Scanners and Receivers: Yaesu: FT990, FT857, FT7800, VX7R. Icom: ID800H. Old RS scanner.

Re: A reminder about Major Fire threads

Post by meg »

Just bumping this as I'm already having to delete off-topic posts from the stickies...

WARSUG FESA and Scanning Special Events moderator
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Re: A reminder about Major Fire threads

Post by Zebedee »

Editied OP and changed from a sticky to an announcement ;)
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.