G'Day ppl, new here ex-CFA vol f/f

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

nuttz169

G'Day ppl, new here ex-CFA vol f/f

Post by nuttz169 »

just saying hi, living in madora bay does anyone have some info on the nearest vol brigade to me?? and or a vol web site like www.cfastream.info ??

this is not a plug, i am interested in visiting and or joining the local brigade

any info would be great :D
Millsy

Post by Millsy »

Madora Bay Just south of Singleton ?
nuttz169

Post by nuttz169 »

yes m8 it is about 10 mins
Millsy

Post by Millsy »

Singleton Bushfire Brigade is prob. your closest brigade,

Or if you feel your closer to mandurah, There just off Gordon Road (Neer Bunnings)
wasaint
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by wasaint »

G Day Nutz and welcome to W.A hope you like W.A you will find we do things a little different here wether thats good or bad we will let you decide also just so you no Singelton is a Bushfire Brigade and Mandurah is Fire and Rescue in Mandurah you have mandurah First which are career firies and mandurah second are volunteers they work out of the same station dont no anyone personaly there but last i heard they wewre still short on members as for singelton no of one and they are a prety strong brigade with a decent group of members(so ive been told LOL)
nuttz169

Post by nuttz169 »

thanks guys will try and find them, i was mainly urban in vic, mva's hazmat, structure etc etc etc cats up trees lol

but i was also a strike team leader etc for bushfires etc, so looking for somthing thats quieter and can fit in with work as i'm fifo on a 3-1 roster
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

No CFAStream here - the closest you have to something like that would be here possibly. FESA have a volunteer website which you can log onto when you get an ID. I manage the WA Volunteer Fire & Rescue Services' Association website in which there is information about most of the VFRS Brigades in W.A. The Bush Fire Service Association also have a website.
Jonesy
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBCT9, Tait 2020/8200, GME 80Ch UHF

Post by Jonesy »

wasaint wrote:G Day Nutz and welcome to W.A hope you like W.A you will find we do things a little different here wether thats good or bad we will let you decide also just so you no Singelton is a Bushfire Brigade and Mandurah is Fire and Rescue in Mandurah you have mandurah First which are career firies and mandurah second are volunteers they work out of the same station dont no anyone personaly there but last i heard they wewre still short on members as for singelton no of one and they are a prety strong brigade with a decent group of members(so ive been told LOL)
You have been told correctly....

Check your PM Nuttz.
Helitak_670
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Helitak_670 »

Mate, I was in NSW for 4 years and came back home. Its a pain in the rear end to get your Quals crossed over but keep at it and you will get there. I was told I had to do my Basic BFF again and I told them where to go. I have done a lot of extra courses which I really didn't have to do, however I did learn 1 new thing on one of them. So it wasn't all bad.
Jonesy
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBCT9, Tait 2020/8200, GME 80Ch UHF

Post by Jonesy »

Helitak_670 wrote:Mate, I was in NSW for 4 years and came back home. Its a pain in the rear end to get your Quals crossed over but keep at it and you will get there. I was told I had to do my Basic BFF again and I told them where to go. I have done a lot of extra courses which I really didn't have to do, however I did learn 1 new thing on one of them. So it wasn't all bad.
I too found it a pain to get them signed over when I cam from Tassie. Most of them were nationally accredited courses. Like you, I was asked to do the basic course again, certainly worthwhile considering that the WA system is very different to what I was used too.
kylep
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by kylep »

Helitak_670 wrote:Mate, I was in NSW for 4 years and came back home. Its a pain in the rear end to get your Quals crossed over
Tell me about it, especially when most of my quals in WA were before they started working to the National Competencies. Think the only one I got recognised was Drive under Operational Conditions. Still can't get on a BA course because I'm too far from the station, don't worry about the years of (real) experience... I'll stop before I get carried away.