ARSON- Whats your opinion?

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

AVBFS
Scanners and Receivers: UBCT9

ARSON- Whats your opinion?

Post by AVBFS »

I think if this years gonna be a bad yer for fire we should all bind together and help out against arson so i ask you all if you see any suspicious persons or firelighters report this vital information to the police by ringing Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 and/or put it in here .... remember $50,000 to any one that helps lead to the conviction of an arsonist..
:mrgreen:
VK6SDW
Banned

Re: ARSON- Whats your opinion?

Post by VK6SDW »

AVBFS wrote:report this vital information to the police by ringing Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 and/or put it in here
Are you starting a vigilante arson squad?
AVBFS

Post by AVBFS »

well there enough of us... naa just putting the word out there most of the time people with scanners are floting arround fires so if you see anythink report it. i also wouldnt mind knowing what people think about arson and what they think should be done to those that commit the offence.
jasonjag
Banned

common sence

Post by jasonjag »

AVBFS wrote:well there enough of us... naa just putting the word out there most of the time people with scanners are floting arround fires so if you see anythink report it. i also wouldnt mind knowing what people think about arson and what they think should be done to those that commit the offence.
As advertised, if you see a crime being committed, you ring 131 444 asap, if you know of some one who has committed a crime, ring Crime stoppers, simple logics there cobba.. jj
meg
Amateur callsign: VK6LUX
Scanners and Receivers: Yaesu: FT990, FT857, FT7800, VX7R. Icom: ID800H. Old RS scanner.

Post by meg »

AVBFS wrote:what they think should be done to those that commit the offence.
Set fire to the arsonists "valued possessions" like their Playstation or whatever. Make sure that their folks (cos lets face it - alot of them are young 'uns) understand the seriousness of arson and don't just buy them a new one.
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

AVBFS wrote:... and/or put it in here .... remember $50,000 to any one that helps lead to the conviction of an arsonist..
The ringing Crime Stoppers idea or 131 444 is great. Putting it in here though isn't going to help.

Better it goes directly to the people who can do something about it.
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Turbo
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Turbo »

AVBFS wrote:remember $50,000 to any one that helps lead to the conviction of an arsonist..
Dont count on it....
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Turbo, did you and your mate not get the promised reward?
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
Turbo
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Turbo »

Nothing was promised but no, nothing was/has been received.

And remember we apprehended the guy who was convicted and sentenced to 3 years jail and a $10,000 fine.
Tyranus

Post by Tyranus »

Well yeah! Fantastic work on catching the guy and nothing. Though the wording does say if you see something and call the cops and provide enough evidence and they're found guilty then you're up for it. But because the cops already knew the description it doesn't count though I would have expected the reward for helping detain him.
Stirling SES
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
AVBFS

Post by AVBFS »

i would kick up a stink, if they promise somethink they should give it or abit of it. other wise the gimmic wont work for them.
Firey79

Post by Firey79 »

I know one of one volley that helped catch a Arsonist's and he was told that as he was a volley it was part of his duty and therefore he did not receive any reward. This was a few years ago.

But it does sond like an excuse the government would use so they did'nt have to pay.
Putting the Wet Stuff on the Red Stuff.
AVBFS

Post by AVBFS »

he should of got rid of his uniform and go "hand it over you B*&^%d’s! "
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

AVBFS wrote:he should of got rid of his uniform and go "hand it over you B*&^%d’s! "
vollies aren't in it for money, remember???
Tyranus

Post by Tyranus »

Fastlane wrote:
AVBFS wrote:he should of got rid of his uniform and go "hand it over you B*&^%d’s! "
vollies aren't in it for money, remember???
:O what?!?! so that's why I haven't received any pay cheques yet!
hehe it's a bit of a hard call that one as I'm sure I've heard a case of the fire fighters arrive on scene and the culprit is still there so if there's 4 people in the truck(s) who get's the reward, but then if you're "not on duty" you're classed as a civi and so should be entitled to the reward if you see something and act on it. (Yes I would expect the vollie to do this whether or not there is a reward). Either way I still reckon Turbo and his mate deserve something for having the guts to stop the guy and conduct a citizens arrest.
Stirling SES
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB