6IP

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

SmashedXR6T

Post by SmashedXR6T »

WPXZBP wrote:Yes, if you are in the gazetted METRO fire district, call 6AR. If you are outside of that call 6IP.
I thought the different call signs was to help the operator with the battleboard on there computers. With all FRS and VFRS in the metro area listed on the battleboard using 6AR. This helps to track FRS/VFRS units are doing what, meaning whether they are on station, mobile to a incident, or off station available radio. Since they are so many BFS units around the metro area to be listed on the battleboard on FESA's computer hence they call through 6IP

But the same token i know Northam calls 6IP and they are outside the metro area, but you have got gingin, who are alao outside the metro area, calling 6AR

thats my understanding of the two call signs but if anyone wants to correct me, please do.
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

What was already said by WPXZBP and myself is right. Has nothing to do with battleboards etc. The only brigades listed on the BAT (Brigade Availability Table) are metro career brigades.
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

realfirie wrote:
FESA's SOP's only apply to Local Government and their brigades if they choose to adpot them (FYI!)
Fastlane not sure about that one. It is my understanding that bfb brigades are administrated by the local governments but are ultimatly responsible under FESA fire services. Therefore must abide by all relevant SOP's, SAP's etc. If a incident of some sort was to occur, followed by a investigation and it was found that it occurred due to the individual or brigade not following procedures or SOP,s then that person or brigade could be hung out to dry, so to speak
You need to go read the Bush Fires Act to understand FESA's responsibility as far as Local Government Brigades is concerned. FESA does not have authority over Bush Fire Brigade's under The Act, their role is advisory only. The only time this differs, is if a Bush Fire Emergency Period has been declared by the Minister, where a person appointed by the Minister can take control of all brigades.

See http://www.fesa.wa.gov.au/internet/defa ... MenuID=141