Significant bush/scrub fires 2008/2009

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

150+ posts
150+ posts

Re: Significant bush/scrub fires 2008/2009

Post by newbie »

Mundaring Chief requests that Chidlow BFB turnout to Bailup rd fire, Wundowie BFB have also been paged
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Folks it's the 2009/2010 season now ;) and the Toodyay road fire was a 3rd alarm incident. I'm assuming that's still the case.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by newbie »

Mundaring Chief just called in an 88 at the fire on Bailup Rd, large paddock fire. Have two brigades mobilised and have two machines and some farm fire units arrived, 5ha.

-Update- another fire has started up on Berry x toodyay rd... seems to be someone running around up there, three seperate incidents going around the toodyay rd area now.
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

newbie wrote:Mundaring Chief just called in an 88 at the fire on Bailup Rd, large paddock fire. Have two brigades mobilised and have two machines and some farm fire units arrived, 5ha.

-Update- another fire has started up on Berry x toodyay rd... seems to be someone running around up there, three seperate incidents going around the toodyay rd area now.
others suggested perhaps lightning strikes... they often take some time to develop, particularly if there was a bit of rain at the time of the strike.
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by newbie »

by the sounds of it it probably was from lightning... where I'm sitting near the coast it was blue skies at the time so didn't even think that there was lightning in the hills. They did say there was going to be an increase in the amount of lightning this summer... could be interesting times ahead...