Major structure fires (3rd alarm and above) 2008/2009

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

WPXZBP

Major structure fires (3rd alarm and above) 2008/2009

Post by WPXZBP »

Here's the new sticky.
woobla1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by woobla1 »

What is a 3rd alarm or above mean?
CANT HEAR THE POLICE ANYMORE?
SEE THIS POST: http://warsug.info/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=4424
yorky

Post by yorky »

"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
munchkin1981
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by munchkin1981 »

3rd alarm at furniture spot in midland belmont and belmont icv bassedean? and midland turned out
asked for police assistance
It wasn't me honest.....it was the cat I'm sweet and innocent one :)
celestial_insight
Banned

Post by celestial_insight »

FESA media stated that 2 aerial fire appliances attended this 5th alarm Furniture Spot fire. Did anyone hear what they were? (I assume they mean CLPs..)
Weedmeister

Post by Weedmeister »

Hi Celestial insight,

Yes areial appliances, CLP (combined ladder platform). It's all the same stuff to me mate. The ladder part of the appliances are buit by 'Bronto', with differing arrays of ladder, platrom and branch/water monitors for fire. 1 based in Freo and another in Perth from memory.

a 5th alarm means all resources are committed from 5 stations, it doens't mean that CLPs, ICVs or additional or support appriances would be in the count. e.g. Midland, Belmont, Bassandeen, Bedford & Guildford could all turn out with everythiing from those stations, then request 2 CLPs and another heavy pump etc. Would still be a 5th alarm. The DM (district manager) turns out on 3rd alarms, the Director of the area turns out to 5th alarms.... It's all part of the tiered incident depatch and control system.. There are other things to take into account, though that's the basics and good on you for being on the right track.
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

News report on last nights fire at the furniture spot in Midland

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0 ... 61,00.html
celestial_insight
Banned

Post by celestial_insight »

Weedmeister wrote:Hi Celestial insight,

Yes areial appliances, CLP (combined ladder platform). It's all the same stuff to me mate. The ladder part of the appliances are buit by 'Bronto', with differing arrays of ladder, platrom and branch/water monitors for fire. 1 based in Freo and another in Perth from memory.

a 5th alarm means all resources are committed from 5 stations, it doens't mean that CLPs, ICVs or additional or support appriances would be in the count. e.g. Midland, Belmont, Bassandeen, Bedford & Guildford could all turn out with everythiing from those stations, then request 2 CLPs and another heavy pump etc. Would still be a 5th alarm. The DM (district manager) turns out on 3rd alarms, the Director of the area turns out to 5th alarms.... It's all part of the tiered incident depatch and control system.. There are other things to take into account, though that's the basics and good on you for being on the right track.
Errrr ummmm thanks for all of that Weed.......
Anyway..... back to my original question, does anyone know which CLPs turned out? (oh and I have seen a CLP at Murdoch too I think, but it may have been Fremantle's)
kylep
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by kylep »

There are only 2 CLPs in FRS. CLP1, a 37m Bronto at Perth, and CLP2, a 33m (or 27?) at Freo, There is also TTL3, a 33m Turntable ladder which is the spare for both. So it just depends if one of the CLPs was out of service or not.
munchkin1981
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by munchkin1981 »

fremantle and perth? were turned out and mudoch set welshpool 2nd malaga 2nd / fremantle 2nd perth and midland and belmont and belmont icv all attendended
It wasn't me honest.....it was the cat I'm sweet and innocent one :)
kylep
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by kylep »

Unless I've missed something in the last month or so, there is no Malaga 2nd.

Automatic Response for 5th alarm Structure:

No of pumps
5 (incl. 2 heavy pumps)

Other resources to be mobilised
2 FSM
1 SET
1 ICV
1 HRT
2 Aerial
2 Heavy Pumps (base pump for Aerial)

Confirmed incident notifications
(To be read in conjunction with notification guidelines)
Regional Director
EMT Group
Advisory Co-ord. - WSO
FIO
MLO
Manager Media & PA
Western Power
Alinta Gas
Fire Safety Co-ord.
Water Corp.
Police
Ambulance

Note: HRT no longer exists, imagining that MPHR considerations would be made. Also, possibly the addition of a USAR resource.
SmashedXR6T

Post by SmashedXR6T »

a 5th alarm means all resources are committed from 5 stations, it doens't mean that CLPs, ICVs or additional or support appriances would be in the count. e.g. Midland, Belmont, Bassandeen, Bedford & Guildford could all turn out with everythiing from those stations,
Where's Bedford or are you refering to Duncraig??
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

SmashedXR6T wrote:

a 5th alarm means all resources are committed from 5 stations, it doens't mean that CLPs, ICVs or additional or support appriances would be in the count. e.g. Midland, Belmont, Bassandeen, Bedford & Guildford could all turn out with everythiing from those stations,
Where's Bedford or are you refering to Duncraig??
Bedford FRS has been gone for ages. Relocated to Malaga a long time ago..
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

It could be argued that Bassendean Career FRS and Bassendean Volunteer FRS would be separate entities in a 5th alarm call, even though they're both housed in the one station. Basso VFRS have a Light Pumper and Light Tanker at present.
SmashedXR6T

Post by SmashedXR6T »

i know guildford didn't get a gurnesy and they are the neighbouring brigade to midland... go figure...