Nit-picking

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Re: TA Chem spill.

Post by bomber »

jasonjag wrote:
Toottoot wrote:Its Murdoch and Phoenix.
Not argueing, I heard clearly Freo 2 called to attend. maybe all 3 ?

Also there's been a Chemical spill of drums fell off a truck, fireies dealt with one and re stood up the other 7 on back of truck, down near mandurah, sorry missed the Fesa unit in attendance.
Jasonjag,

Toottoot was not arguing who went to the call. He was simply correcting your spelling as you have been spelling murdoch station wrong in a few posts, as well as spelling Pheonix rd wrong ( not even a station ).
Leigh
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Leigh »

Is it that important?
Many members on this site bitch about wasting bandwidth but these posts that correct spelling errors etc, not only make me feel like im back in a classroom but arnt even crucial to the post.
Whether he spells murdoch with a k or ch doesnt matter a in the long run as long as we understand the gist of whats going on. I dont think we have a murdock in perth so its a safe assumption he means murdoch.
jasonjag
Banned

Post by jasonjag »

[quote="bomber"][quote="jasonjag"][quote="Toottoot"]Its Murdoch and Phoenix.[/quote]
Not argueing, I heard clearly Freo 2 called to attend. maybe all 3 ?

Also there's been a Chemical spill of drums fell off a truck, fireies dealt with one and re stood up the other 7 on back of truck, down near mandurah, sorry missed the Fesa unit in attendance.[/quote]

Jasonjag,

Toottoot was not arguing who went to the call. He was simply correcting your spelling as you have been spelling murdoch station wrong in a few posts, as well as spelling Pheonix rd wrong ( not even a station ).[/quote]

Fair enough "Bomber", but this is how "phoenix" is spelled,,so you are also in the dunce corner,lol.
observer
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by observer »

jasonjag wrote: Also there's been a Chemical spill of drums fell off a truck, fireies dealt with one and re stood up the other 7 on back of truck, down near mandurah, sorry missed the Fesa unit in attendance.
No FESA units down that way. Most likely it was a Fire and Rescue (FRS) brigade.
Jonesy
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBCT9, Tait 2020/8200, GME 80Ch UHF

Post by Jonesy »

observer wrote:
jasonjag wrote: Also there's been a Chemical spill of drums fell off a truck, fireies dealt with one and re stood up the other 7 on back of truck, down near mandurah, sorry missed the Fesa unit in attendance.
No FESA units down that way. Most likely it was a Fire and Rescue (FRS) brigade.
I am lost. Since when has FRS not been part of FESA??
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

Jonesy wrote:
observer wrote:
Fire and Rescue comes under the umbrella if FESA , however is in itself a seperate identity. Under the FESA umbrella is
- bush fire brigades managed by local governments
- career Fire and Rescue Service stations
- volunteer Fire and Rescue Service brigades
- State Emergency Service units
- Volunteer Marine Rescue Service groups
- Volunteer Emergency Service units - use to be called a FESA unit which consisted of a dual registered brigade involving frs,bfb and ses. mainly in country towns where the population was not great enough for the 3 services so members would be involved in all 3 under the one brigades registration - Currently only 15 registered throughout the state eg Halls creek and fitzroy crossing.

They all have there own budget and management
observer
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by observer »

Jonesy wrote:
observer wrote:
Funny you make that quote, yet your signature reads "Singleton Bush Fire Brigade", not "Singelton FESA". Just like the SES and Bush Fire brigades are called the SES and Bush Fire Brigade, FRS are the FRS, not FESA.
munchkin1981
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by munchkin1981 »

observer wrote:
since when have when been so picky everyone knew what he meant don't need to be so technical
It wasn't me honest.....it was the cat I'm sweet and innocent one :)
realfirie
Banned

Post by realfirie »

since when have when been so picky everyone knew what he meant don't need to be so technical
Not being picky but people need to understand that they are all seperate sevices with there own seperate identities and all perform different roles.
jasonjag
Banned

No need

Post by jasonjag »

[quote="realfirie"][quote]since when have when been so picky everyone knew what he meant don't need to be so technical[/quote]

Not being picky but people need to understand that they are all seperate sevices with there own seperate identities and all perform different roles.[/quote]

No need to understand anything or define exactly what is what,,,all belong to Fesa, one way or other.
jasonjag
Banned

Post by jasonjag »

[quote="munchkin1981"][quote="observer"][quote="jasonjag"]
Also there's been a Chemical spill of drums fell off a truck, fireies dealt with one and re stood up the other 7 on back of truck, down near mandurah, sorry missed the Fesa unit in attendance.[/quote]

No FESA units down that way. Most likely it was a [b]Fire and Rescue (FRS)[/b] brigade.[/quote]

since when have when been so picky everyone knew what he meant don't need to be so technical[/quote]

Exactly so !!!
Jonesy
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBCT9, Tait 2020/8200, GME 80Ch UHF

Post by Jonesy »

munchkin1981 wrote:
observer wrote:
I did not

Not being technical, more just asking for an answer. Sorry if it was taken as a stab at the original post, i just wanted clarification as to whether things had changed or i miss interpreted something. only new guys, dont bash me please.

so, can someone please clarify if this thinking is correct; FESA is merely a government name that oversees the operations of smaller agency's such as BFS, FRS. SES etc., like say the department of education that oversees govt. schools etc??
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

FESA is the Fire and Emergency Services Authority which is responsible for.....well.....have a look at their website.

To quote it "As you can see, FESA’s responsibilities are wide ranging. To find out more please search the FESA website"
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Jonesy, yes you are correct FESA does encompass all of these things that you mentioned.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
observer
150+ posts
150+ posts

Re: No need

Post by observer »

jasonjag wrote:
realfirie wrote:
Not being picky but people need to understand that they are all seperate sevices with there own seperate identities and all perform different roles.
No need to understand anything or define exactly what is what,,,all belong to Fesa, one way or other.
So when you refer to a FESA unit, is it a Bush Fire Brigade, SES, FRS or even life savers? All play different roles and have different responsibilityes. So which one would attend a chemical spill, which one would attend a drowning at the beach, which one would attend storm damage?

What you do not understand that each identity would like to be refered by it own identity, not the generic FESA. Ask any SES, Bush Fire or FRS (staff and vols) what they are called and NONE of them will answer FESA. By calling any of these entities FESA is provoking the people who put a lot of time and effort into each of these entities.