Nit-picking

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

Jonesy
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBCT9, Tait 2020/8200, GME 80Ch UHF

Re: No need

Post by Jonesy »

observer wrote:
jasonjag wrote:
realfirie wrote: Not being picky but people need to understand that they are all seperate sevices with there own seperate identities and all perform different roles.
No need to understand anything or define exactly what is what,,,all belong to Fesa, one way or other.
So when you refer to a FESA unit, is it a Bush Fire Brigade, SES, FRS or even life savers? All play different roles and have different responsibilityes. So which one would attend a chemical spill, which one would attend a drowning at the beach, which one would attend storm damage?

What you do not understand that each identity would like to be refered by it own identity, not the generic FESA. Ask any SES, Bush Fire or FRS (staff and vols) what they are called and NONE of them will answer FESA. By calling any of these entities FESA is provoking the people who put a lot of time and effort into each of these entities.
Thankyou for clearing this up. I understand now. Cheers
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

and I will answer FESA SES you know the dudes that deal with all the storm damage. Because otherwise we become the SAS.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
musketeer

Country FESA units

Post by musketeer »

There are units out there guys that are just FESA. Usually based in smaller country towns where the same people turn out for bush, structural,SAR or ambo duties. I was a member and my partner the Captain of the first one in WA.

It really is time to let go of the differences and just attend the training of one if you so desire but have cross training available if you enjoy that.
The blurring of job description lines gives better governance and hence better client resposibility.
celestial_insight
Banned

Re: TA Chem spill.

Post by celestial_insight »

bomber wrote:
Jonesy wrote:
observer wrote: No FESA units down that way. Most likely it was a Fire and Rescue (FRS) brigade.
I am lost. Since when has FRS not been part of FESA??
Fire and Rescue comes under the umbrella if FESA , however is in itself a seperate identity. Under the FESA umbrella is
- bush fire brigades managed by local governments
- career Fire and Rescue Service stations
- volunteer Fire and Rescue Service brigades
- State Emergency Service units
- Volunteer Marine Rescue Service groups
- Volunteer Emergency Service units - use to be called a FESA unit which consisted of a dual registered brigade involving frs,bfb and ses. mainly in country towns where the population was not great enough for the 3 services so members would be involved in all 3 under the one brigades registration - Currently only 15 registered throughout the state eg Halls creek and fitzroy crossing.

They all have there own budget and management

No big deal, but the 3 main Volunteer Sea Rescue Groups in WA (Freo, Cockburn and Whitfords) are not part of FESA. The rest are though.